Misty ....

16th May 2024 (Thursday)    08.00 .... It's cloudy with the chance of drizzle just now, but that is


forecast to clear away to give us a bonnie afternoon.   It will be 'work' stuff in the morning, then biking in the afternoon.   Actually I might do the weekend shopping ... and visit Alice to brighten up a dull morning.

16.15   I eventually made my mind up to to the weekend shopping in Sainsbury's, and have morrrrrning coffee ... oops we're on a diet ... dandelion tea with Alice.  I chose Sainsbury's today because I wanted Wensleydale cheese (the original pan was to go to Lidl).  Welll.... would you believe it Sainsbury's didn't have any Wensleydale;  Gromit is not happy!   Apart from that I got the weekend's shopping, and had the dandelion tea with Alice.   Mind you the diet bit was nullified by the packet of Lemon slices I'd bought to have with the tea!   Getting into Sainsbury's is tricky from any direction just now, due to the ongoing roadworks on the Bawbee Brig (tailbacks from the temporary traffic lights).   I will take photos of the finished work (new cycleway etc):  hopefully soon.  I was back home in the 'Royal Burgh' by 11.30.   


The weather has been 'bright and sunny' since about 10.00,  and I'd like to go out on the bike.... but the Easterly wind is friskier than I like.   I keep hoping it will moderate soon.  This would have been a good drying day!   And that's the problem for bikers;  the East wind dries the delicate complexion.   Could end up being an auld wrinkly!   


22.45   The wind moderated a wee bit in the early evening and I got the bike our and went up to Chapel Green;  I had intended going further but it was colder than I like.  I watched the Gannets diving in the bay... and they appeared to be getting something.   Probably sand eels.   Gannets are the most elegant of birds.... and  the way they catch their food is spectacular.   If it hadn't been so cold I'd have sat there for much

Alberto and Colin.

longer!    The plan is to flatten the bike battery tomorrow, charge it up ready for 'action' on Saturday!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....