Sunny and warm ....
13th August 2026 (Thursday) 10.00 .... It's hot already, and is to be hot all day; so I won't be going very far from Ivy. I'm going to hang out a small washing, and open up The Hutte; then have morning coffee. I might sit in The Hutte, but suspect that it will be too hot.
Iain is coming down tomorrow, for the weekend, and we're going to organise things; for when I'm 'auld'. Such as the Community Alarm. That reminds me; I'm going to put the mobile on charge.
14.30 It's uncomfortably hot and humid just now; 25.4C on the thermometer. That's definitely in the shade, because the sun is behind clouds. I was out checking how the washing was doing and it's nearly dry. I'll bring it in about 16.00.... after this oppressive heat drops a few degrees. I've got the fan on beside me; and a glass of cold water. The heat is much worse down South.
I see that "drizzle with a gentle SW breeze" is our weather forecast for later afternoon; I feel as if there's thunder in the air. There are thunderstorms scattered around Ireland, and the middle of England, they certainly need the water! I'm gong to put the washing in The Hutte, just in case we do get some drizzle/light rain. We don't need the thunder.
17.00 We had a short shower of big drops o' rain, at 15.40; I had just begun to take the last of the washing off the line..... and that has cleared the air. Me? .... I'm feeling almost frisky. The afternoon has been lost for me it was just far too hot, and humid to do anything, other watch watch TV and cat-nap. I'll be more active in the evening.
22.45 The heat has just been too much for me today; though I started to feel mair inclined to doing
things in the evening. So I worked on the computer but that didn't take too long.It's still warm and humid tonight so I think the fan is going to be 'on' most of the night. It's going to be hot again tomorrow, but quite as hot as it was today.
Iain should be here by lunch time tomorrow, so we'll have something to eat and a blether. I have to be at the Skeith Centre for 14.30. The 'plan' is for Iain to take me along there, and after I've been fixed, we will go to the 'Store' and so a shopping.
Today's photographs : Top - Fritillary butterfly at Ruddons Point, Middle - '95' bus on Earlsferry High Street, Yes we had a bus service, and Bottom - Goatsbeard seed head.


