Light rain .....
9th August 2026 (Sunday) 09.15 .... We have light rain on a moderate Westerly breeze; but the
overcast sky has pale bits in it; we could have brighter afternoon. At the moment it's dull and wet! But the 'wet' didn't bother the two joggers that went down Ferry Road a wee while ago. I might have a wee run in the car later.
By this time I was conversing with the 'stupid old goat' that lives in Ivy now and again. He takes the rap for all the stupid things I ... er ...that happen in Ivy.
overcast sky has pale bits in it; we could have brighter afternoon. At the moment it's dull and wet! But the 'wet' didn't bother the two joggers that went down Ferry Road a wee while ago. I might have a wee run in the car later.
20.15 The rain had moved away by mid morning, but the cloud stayed around until early afternoon. Since then we've had sunny spells with a moderate breeze. It's a lovely evening now, but was busy doing a hard Soduko.
A lot of my time this morning was taken up making 'Mince and Tatties': that was dinner for tonight, and will be tomorrow. I might freeze one meal.
A few minutes ago, I accidentally elbowed the 'mouse' off it's pad, and went to pick it up. I couldn't see it: it wasn't where I expected it to be.... on the floor. I sat down and had a mouthful o' tea.
![]() |
| Cinque Ports Club, Uckfield. |
Sitting in my chair sipping my tea, and wondering where I had another 'mouse', my eye fell on pair of my shoes; low and behold I could just see the after end o' the moose, it had somehow managed to land in the shoe, and scuttle almost out of sight!
The 'stupid old goat'? .... he's back in his box. Until the next time! All is calm in Ivy!
This has been a funny old day for me; I feel as if I have taken a step backwards in recovering from the 'man flu'. The damp morning upset the auld tubes. However, there's a few days of sunny, and warm, weather coming, so I'm hoping that will see off the 'MF'.
I never went out in the car today, but I might have a turn up to Kinneuchar tomorrow, assuming I am
feeling 'bright eyed and bushy tailed' tomorrow.
feeling 'bright eyed and bushy tailed' tomorrow.
Today's photographs were taken in Sunny Sussex: Top - Cricket and a Hoverfly. Middle - Janice and a fit me (not that many years ago); and Bottom - The Beatles Tribute Band in the Cinque Ports Club, Uckfield.


