Lovely morning ....
7th August 2026 (Friday) 10.30 .... Oops .... I 'slept in' this morning, waking, and getting out of
bed up at 08.45. I'm feeling almost 'bright eyed and bushy tailed'; compared to what I have been like, for the past couple of days. Anyway, it's a bonnie morning here in KY9.... a good drying day, for the downie cover that is going through the washing machine as I type.
22.15 Another early night in bed should have me well on the mend; as long as I don't do too much.
Which I have done today. The 'plan' is to take it easy and concentrate on Soduko's. Mind you, the ones I'm on, just now, are hard.
bed up at 08.45. I'm feeling almost 'bright eyed and bushy tailed'; compared to what I have been like, for the past couple of days. Anyway, it's a bonnie morning here in KY9.... a good drying day, for the downie cover that is going through the washing machine as I type.
20.00 I have a bit of Buddleia growing on the front wall, normally I have cut it back as soon as it gets going, but this year I haven't been able to do that; anyway (more about 'anyway' later) I'm glad that I didn't prune ir.... it was living up to it's name thus afternoon ... the Butterfly Bush! At one point it had three Painted Lady's, a Peacock, and a Red Admiral feeding on the flowers. It was too windy to get a decent photograph of them on the bush, but I got one of a Painted Lady, basking on the patio. The Painted Lady's we see just now are migrating to Africa; being the offspring of the (faded) Painted Lady's that arrived, from Africa, in the Spring.
I've been feeling brighter, and more active today; I even did a wee bit o' Hooverin'! I'm feeling tired now and will have another early night with my book. I don't want to sleep in tomorrow morning.... though it probably did me good!
I'm missing 'The Troops'; Henry and Austin certainly brightened up Ivy Cottage; I only hope that I haven't passed this bug onto them. Anyway (there it is again... the word 'anyway'). I will explain!
I used to get a lady from Canada phoning me up accidentally, and we ended up chatting for a few minutes, every time she dialled the wrong number! Anyway, this went of for a good few months and I began to worry about her phone bill. By this time I knew that her son and family lived in Crail so i asked her his name; I forget what it was now, but I looked it up the phone book (there was only one number; a '3' of difference) and got in touch with him, to explain the situation... and that I was worried about her phone bill. Her son sorted out the problem and I stopped getting the phone calls! That lady Bless Her, began a lot of her sentences with 'anyway' and I think that's where it comes from; every time I type it I think of her! I never knew her name; but I sort of miss her phone calls! Now I'm wondering how she is getting on. It's a funny old World!
I'm going to have a cuppa, take a couple of pills; and catch up wi' the News.
![]() |
| My Soduko board. |
Which I have done today. The 'plan' is to take it easy and concentrate on Soduko's. Mind you, the ones I'm on, just now, are hard.
When I was watching the News earlier I got round to thinking how 'small' our Mother Earth has become. A mass shooting in Bangkok, is news around the World in minutes. That's modern communication! Another item that caught my eye was Meta being fined £490 odd million for young children being able to connect with undesirable material on the internet. That's just a drop in their 'ocean of profits'.


