LIght rain ....

16th August 2026 (Sunday)     09.30 .... We have a lovely, cool morning with much needed light
rain:  that said, the farmers that have started the harvest won't be wanting rain just now.    Anyway, light rain we have, along with a comfortable temperature.... and nae dust.   However the sky is brightening up so the light rain might be replaced by sunny spells.

20.00    We ended up with a warm and sunny afternoon.  It has been a day of mixed weather:  we had damp start to the day, and it looks like we could have a damp end to the day, with the sun in the afternoon to keep the holiday makers happy.

Iain did a lot of work when he was here, including prune the Apple tree.   After he set off for home, I had a cuppa, then decided to have a catnap on my bed.   That was a mistake.   The sun was shining and it was hot outside;  and inside with the sun shining in the bedroom window.     I fell sound asleep and woke up....  swea ... er ... perspiring, about three quarters of an hour later.   I hadn't thought about switching the fan on until....I woke up.     It will be 'on' tonight.    And I'll be in bed early tonight.   I'm beginning to think that hot weather of summer  is worse than the cold weather of winter!

I haven't done any 'work' (by 'work' I mean light work nowadays) but have thought about all the things that have happened over the past few days.   I didn't realise that talking to people on the phone would be so tiring;  then again, everything is tiring now.   Am I an 'old man' now?   I think I have to finally admit that I am 'old' .... temporarily!   Anyway, I intend getting back to being the young 'me' again;  'auld' isnae me.  Elderly?    I'll think aboot that!

I'll have a quiet day tomorrow;  I badly need a rest day.   I haven't 'pottered' around Ivy for a few days;  that's what I'll  do!

It feel like it's going to be warm tonight;  'light cloud with a moderate breeze', is the weather forecast for KY9 tomorrow.   The 'moderate breeze' is going round to the Easterly direction in the afternoon.  I don't like an Easterly wind;   but it could be cooler!

Today's photographs were taken in 2012;  the Middle and Bottom ones from the top deck of '95' bus.   I
miss that bus.

Tonight I intend being in bed by 22.00.    The past few nights I've had good intentions but never actually did it!








Popular posts from this blog

Quiet morning ....

Dreich ....

Overcast ....