Nice morning ....

24th August 2026 (Monday)     19.30 .... I've been a busy boy today;  I even forgot to update

The Hutte in the morning;  and I apologise for that.   Everything was going as per 'plan', and for some obscure reason I forgot my normal morning routine.   I only found out 20 minutes ago that 'The Hutte' hadn't been done;  so I now have a' mild Flap On' to get up to date.

First of all it has been a bonnie sunny day here;  the only problem being the SE breeze.   That wind direction, and the heat, does not agree with me at all.   Anyway we've had a nice day;  and I am tired at the end of it!

As planned I went to Methil to visit Alice, and catch up with her news.   After a 'catch up' cuppa, we went to Sainsbury's to do a wee bit of shopping.   Alice was looking for a clothes line, but they didn't seem to have them in Sainsbury's;  we couldn't find them if they did have them.   Her daughter, Karen, will probably get her one from Amazon.

Alice made a tasty sandwich for lunch, followed by an excellent Lemony sweet... and a cup of coffee.    Alice had her daughter (Theresa) and son in law Sandy visiting in the afternoon, so I didn't linger long!

The much mentioned Inner Ear MRI scan is happening on the 4th September at the Vic in Kirkcaldy.   The Vic is easy to get to:  I take the car to Methil to pick up Alice (if she is available on that date) then we go down to Leven Bus Station and loup on on to a bus that drops us, near enough, at the front door of the Vic.

Tomorrow is going to be a 'rest day'!     I'm not going to 'plan' anything .... I'll  just take the day as it comes.   On Wednesday I have an appointment at Randolph Wemyess to get a cyncytial 'jab':  this will help me keep colds at bay in the winter.

21.30    It feels chilly out tonight (I was out shutting  up The Hutte), but that's probably because it has

been a sunny and  warm day.    Tomorrow's weather is going to be much the same today's, so I am going to do the washing I forgot to do this morning!

Although tired tonight, I am feeling brighter;  and I did a hard Soduko this afternoon!.... so I am a'happy boy' again.

Today's photographs:  Top - Comma butterfly, Middle - Tree in the Riverstone Cafe, Otaki, garden.   Local knitters produce the scarves to decorate the trees! .... and Bottom - local coastal erosion.

Popular posts from this blog

Quiet morning ....

Dreich ....

Overcast ....