Light cloud .....
6th August 2026 (Thursday) 09.15 .... I expected a brighter start to the morning. We have a
grey sky just now, and all the Fife Weather cams have a cloudy, but there are a few brighter patches, so we might get 'sunny spells' later. Me? ...... I've reached the conclusion that this is a flu' bug; not a summer cold as I originally thought. I've had the 'flu jab so it should be mild. Mild... Man 'Flu? I've taken the pills, but the scientists have yet to invent a pill that can combat 'Man 'flu'. I'll be lying low for the next couple of days.
grey sky just now, and all the Fife Weather cams have a cloudy, but there are a few brighter patches, so we might get 'sunny spells' later. Me? ...... I've reached the conclusion that this is a flu' bug; not a summer cold as I originally thought. I've had the 'flu jab so it should be mild. Mild... Man 'Flu? I've taken the pills, but the scientists have yet to invent a pill that can combat 'Man 'flu'. I'll be lying low for the next couple of days.
18.30 I've had a lazy day, but I id manage to wash and hang out a couple of sheets. That leaves the downie cover for tomorrow: The weather has been fine today, but much colder than of late: I put the heating on to help me shake of this /bug'. I'll have toddie and get into bed early tonight.
I'm reading a book called "12 Jobs in 12 months". by Robert Wolfe Murray. An inspirational Travel Book. I'm hoping to have a decent night's sleep tonight; last night was not good. but I'v'e had few cat- naps this afternoon.
I'd better go and take in the washing; I'm going to leave it in The Hutte tonight; hoping to be fitter tomorrow.
Being more or less confined to Ivy, I've been watching the 'News'; The FIFA President (Infantino) is going to stay in the job: I expected him to resign!
The Ukraine and Iran Wars blunder along, with people being killed , and infrastructure destroyed on all sides. Seems kind of pointless really but that's the way with Wars.
22.15 I do believe that I'm feeling slightly better than I did last night. I don't think I'll be joining thejoggers tomorrow, but I might go as far as the gate.
Today's photographs were all taken in 2014: the Middle one of the Praying Mantis taken in New Zealand, where I was on holiday. My friend Margaret ('M') is holding the Mantis.


