Nice morning ....
1st August 2026 (Saturday) 08.30 .... We have cloud, with occasional light drizzle just now, but"sunny intervals with a fresh WSW breeze" is the weather forecast for KY9 today; so a nice day for our holiday makers. 'The Troops' are out; I think Emily said they were going to the beach; I didn't have my hearing aids in at the time.
10.15 Emily, John and the Boys are off to the Festival (Pittenweem), to see their friend Tori Ratcliffe at (Venue 45); Pet Portrait and Wildlife Artist. Me?..... I'm in the middle of doing a very hard Soduko in The Hutte. Actually there is a cool feel to the air; when I think about it this is the first day of August, and there are only 145 days until Christmas! No wonder the air feels colder!
19.00 'The Troops' enjoyed their time at Pittenweem Festival; but, there was a cool breeze at the harbour. My morning had begun with a migraine so that dictated what I did; sat in the Hutte, did Soduko's, and cat napped. I'll be bright eyed and bushy tailed tomorrow. Henry and Austin have been buzzin' since they arrive back from Pittenweem. I'm amazed at how active they both are; Austin isn't quite walking yet, but is on the point of taking his first steps. They certainly keep Emily and John 'active'; when they are both walking Emily and John will have to be super active!
23.00 It was such a nice evening that John fancied a swim , so I gave Emily took my camera to get some photographs of the beach; and of John in the water. I was i/c the Troops: they were tucked up in bed and sound asleep! Emily gave me her phone number so that should I get into a 'Flap On' state, I could contact her. I didn't have to because the Troops were sound asleep after a hectic day tiring 'Daddy and Mummy out!
The Troops are going home on Monday, so tomorrow will be spent getting some photographs of them all.
I might get 'The buggy out and go up to Chapel Green. The weather is forecast to be 'excellent' but cool.
Today's photographs by Emily of John going for a late evening swim (a dook' in the good old days).
