Nice morning ....

29th August 2026 (Saturday)     10.30 ..... We have a beautiful start to the Bank holiday weekend,here in KY9.    An even  mix of light cloud and sunny spells.    I've been up to Elie to pick up my prescription form Susan's;  and have hung out the small amount of washing that was in the machine.

The traffic fumes up at Elie were a bit of a bummer, (there's only a light breeze so fumes tend to hang around).  I got the new Aero Chamber and inhaler and will have a shot of it after I have a cuppa.   Slight 'flap on';  the kettle will have boiled! 

14.45    The holiday makers will be enjoying this warm and sunny day.  It's too hot to sit out in The Hutte for any length of time;  being 23C on the patio thermometer, it's a bit too warm for me being outside at all.   Anyway I've been resting.   The Nurse that gave me the RSV jab, warned me that I'd probably be 'hot in bed', and have a headache one night:   that night was last night!    I'm hoping to have an unbroken night's sleep tonight;   and back to normal tomorrow.

19.30   This has been a funny old day for me;  could never really get going.  No that's not quite true:  I decided to do a hard Soduko that I couldn't do a couple of weeks ago, and managed to do it this afternoon.    So it hasn't been a wasted day.   It means that the side effects of the Prednisolone tablets are fading away.   

The sky is beginning to look like the 'light rain' that is forecast for tonight, isn't far away.    The washing has been brought in, and the flower tubs need some 'light rain'!... yes all is coming good at Ivy.

With this having mostly been a lazy day, I have been watching the News from Nepal and Tibet.   All natural disasters are horrifying, both with their suddenness and catastrophic result for anyone in the path of, in this case a deadly wall of water, mud stones and debris.   I mean, after an earthquake you have ruins to search;  with this horrifying type of flood, a lot of the buildings have been cleaned out or even swept away, and bodies washed miles downstream.   My thoughts are with the people of Nepal and Tibet that have lost loved ones to this, and now have the devastating aftermath to cope with, and, somehow, build a new 'future' from ... well... nothing but sheer grit and determination, in most cases.

I have no 'plan' for tomorrow;  so it will probably be a 'rest day'.   I bought milk and bread today, and
have plenty food, so might have a rest day. 

Today's photies were take one of the times 'JB' and I had a 'walk' round London'.




Popular posts from this blog

Quiet morning ....

Dreich ....

Overcast ....