Cloudy with blue patches .....

19th August 2026 (Wednesday)    08.45 .... Although the sky is mostly cloudy, it's a nice enough
morning;  and, with a few blue patches in the cloud we could get a few sunny spells.    Heavy, thundery showers, are forecast for the afternoon.   I was thinking of doing a washing!.... but that has been cancelled. 

14.45    We haven't had any of the heavy showers forecast,  but I can see the big old shower clouds at various points of the compass, so we might catch a shower.    When I think of it I could have done the washing!  

So far I have been 'lazy' today.    I went to Elie  (Chemist) to get something to clear up a throat infection (Thrush),  brought on by the pills I was taking.   According to the leaflet I should be frolicking about in a couple of days.    I'm looking forward to that.

20.00    A heavy shower has come our way at last, to water the flower tubs;  I was beginning to think I'd have to do it.  Anyway we've had a nice afternoon, and I'm wishing that I had done the washing this morning.   There's a Yellow Warning, that includes Fife, for Thundery showers;  active until 21.00 this evening.   

I have a Phone Appointment with the ENT Team at Queen Margaret (Dunfermline) tomorrow.   It's on the mobile so that is a challenge for my auld fingers.

The medication I got to remove the throat infection seems to be working;  my tongue is already looking much better.   I'll be really happy when I start to actually feel better!

I haven't slept quite as much today;  and,  have been able to do a hard Soduko.   Everything is quiet in
the garden just now;  plenty White Butterflies, with an odd Peacock or Red Admiral mixing in.    

It has been a good year for butterflies;  and they continue to move Northwards with the warmer weather.    They, the butterflies, are good examples of insects taking advantage of Global warming.

Other than taking the ENT phone appointment, I have no 'plan' for tomorrow.   The weather looks like it's going to much the same as it was today:   "light rain on a moderate Northerly breeze.   The ENT appointment is at 12.10 so I'll have the afternoon to 'rest'!




  

 

Popular posts from this blog

Quiet morning ....

Dreich ....

Overcast ....