Light cloud .....

27th August 2026 (Thursday)     09.15 .... It's a grey morning at present, but it's dry;   but lightrain could come our way in the afternoon.   No mention of 'sunny spells' in the forecast!   I had a good night's sleep, though I woke up a couple of times for a drink of water;  but didn't wake up at 04.00.   I woke up at 07.15. extricated myself from my comfy bed, got 'up' and showered.    I've had breakfast, all I need now is another cuppa!  

20.00    That's the RSV jab at the Randolph Wemyess done;  all I need now, to be ready for the winter, are the flu and COVID boosters.   Anyway I went to 'Alice HQ' where we had a cuppa, before going across to visit Alice's friend Barbara.   Barbara broke her arm a few weeks ago and is well on the mend.  We chatted about a variety of subjects, then Alice and I went back to Alice's to have sandwich lunch, before going to the Randolph Wemyess.  

At the Randolph Wemyess the Waiting Room was quiet, so we didn't have to wait long.   The Nurse explained that I'd probably be hot in bed tonight (must remember the fan) and that I might have headache.   So far the only 'side effect' is falling asleep.   That isn't a bad side effect;  I'll catch up with the lost sleep of the past few nights.   

Although it's gloomy looking now, the weather has been kind, with sunny spells in the middle of the day.  Light rain is forecast for tonight and tomorrow morning.   I have appointments with two Nurses at the Surgery tomorrow;  one for a Blood Test, and the other with my 'new' Asthma Nurse.  

I've been watching the horrifying, and catastrophic, flash floods in Nepal;  it's scary seeing the power
behind the flood as it takes out buildings and bridges.   My thoughts are with all the folk that lost loved ones, to the terrifying wall of water, mud, debris and death, that came so suddenly came upon them.  We're lucky living where we do!... aye, even in cold and damp Winter!

Oops;  my day is ending with a migraine.   I'll take a couple of paracetamol at bedtime;  and should feel playful tomorrow.

Today's photographs:  taken in 2014.    Top - Balcarres House,  Middle - the beach, and Bottom - The Terrace, Elie.

Popular posts from this blog

Quiet morning ....

Dreich ....

Overcast ....