2nd August 2026 (Sunday)     11.00  .... It's a lovely morning   The Troops are off, for a walk,  to

the 'Paper shop' to  get milk (Blur Top).    Meanwhile I've got The Buggy'out of it's nest:  the 'plan is to go up to Chapel Green , where 'The Small  Troop' can run about and tire themselves out.   At the moment we have a light breeze from the West but that is 'backing' to the ESE later in the afternoon, bringing in a change of weather eventually;   mostly light wet stuff!

15.30     e have enjoyed a sunny and warm afternoon  and the villages have been  busy.   I got 'The Buggy' out (that reminds me i need to bring in the pavement ramp) and we went up to Chapel Green to Maggie's Seat, to get a few photographs of 'troops in action'. 

I've just brought the ramp in;  and Ferry Road was quiet!   Of course ....most folk will already be down on the beach!    When all the beach-goers are on the way home, is when Ferry Road will be busy again.

Emily, John and the 'Troops' are out meeting Tori's (Venue 45) sister and family.   I imagine they will be having an ice cream;   because it'a definitely an ice cream kind of afternoon.

The middle part of Ferry High Street is a bit like a building site just now, with work going on at both sides of the Street.

I'm going to make a cuppa and go up to the Hutte and have a cat=nap.

23.30    'The Troops are off home tomorrow, and. my word. I'll miss them.    I've learnt more from Henry and Austin than they have off me:  and they kept me on my toes... well almost on my toes.   I've come to the conclusion that, from about  6 weeks old, a baby's natural instinct, when they see things, is to 'wonder'.    That's when their brain begins to acquire inquisitiveness:  an inquisitiveness that will make them into the adults they grow into;   and be with them all their lives..... aye, even 88 year old 'adults' are inquisitive.    Henry and Austin have 'inquisitiveness' in abundance!.... as does Sorley, their cousin in Inverness.   

Anyway 'The Troops' have been .... and taught 'Gram B' many things;  not least the fact that I need a lot

five foot high shelves  all over Ivy:  their ability to transfer anything to somewhere else is utterly amazing.

It's bedtime and we have a morning ahead, as Emily John and the boys are heading back to Somerset inn the early afternoon.

Today's photographs taken when out on The Buggy this afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Quiet morning ....

Overcast ....

Nice morrrrrrrrrrning .....