Nice morning ....
weather forecast is good; "sunny intervals with a moderate Easterly breeze", and it's to be warm. So a nice day ahead. As long as it doesn't become too hot.
I'm organised for my RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus) vaccine... 13.35 at the Randolph Wemyess. I've just checked the date and it's tomorrow! (27th) .... not today. 'Flap off' ... and the kettle 'on'.
13.15 I've been a lazy boy today; in fact I fell sound asleep in The Hutte; but I woke up feeling refreshed so must have been needing it. Breaking my sleep to take my medicine at 04.00 has been tiring; not just because I'd to do that, but I kept waking up a couple of times before 04.00 ,so was losing a lot of overnight sleep. Anyway that's all done with now; I had my last dose at 10.00 this morning; and now looking forward to an unbroken nights sleep tonight!
I'm feeling hungry now; so will make myself a sandwich lunch. I'm having a Chicken Kyiv with trimmings for dinner.
19.30 We've had a hot and oppressive kind of air most of today, and ir took the 'wind out of my sails'; I couldn't get going at all. However the air freshened up a bit later in the afternoon, and I brightened up. A joiner came to put a handrail up in the bathroom and he cheered me up, so, although this has been a 'rest day' and I haven't done very much; I'm content.
Kirsty phoned to tell me that Myra had stumbled, and fallen up at Elie; Iain (Paper Shop) took Myra to the Chemist, where they organised further treatment. David (her son) took her to The Vic (Kirkcaldy) where she was checked over and OK to return home. Growing old is the easy bit; it's coping wi' the attachments that come with age that's the hard bit.
Sad News; I'm totally saddened shocked; I've just found out that Joyce (Leitch) has died. My thoughts are with Davie, Shona, Craig and Neil and all the younger members of the Family. Joyce was a lovely lady and will be sorely missed around Elie and Earlsferry, and by everyone that knew her.
Joyce was a Colinsburgh lassie, and my first memories of her are from the Colinsburgh school busgoing to the Waid ... er ... not yesterday. Ian Williamson ('Goosie') had a friendly nickname for Joyce and would torment her with it every morning. I can't remember what the nickname was, but Joyce took it all in good fun.... all part of school bus banter. Yes.... we are missing you Joyce.
Tomorrow I have Randolph Wemyess hospital for my RSV vaccination. I might have had it done today as the Randolph started a 'Drop In' clinic this week. However I do have an appointment tomorrow at 13.35, and I assume there will be others there for the vaccination.


