Dreich start to the morning ....
![]() |
| Henry. |
breeze from from the North Sea; "dreich" best describes best what the weather is like just now! However, the breeze is going to veer to the South, hopefully bringing brighter spells in the afternoon. I'm missing the 'Troops': Henry and Austen wouldn't be bothered by the 'dreich' weather... they'd just get on with doing their thing. 'Drying days'?.... that's something for Mummy and Daddy to bother about; we've got things to do!
16.30 The sky brightened up a bit in the afternoon but we never had any sunny spells, which was disappointing. At least it has been mostly dry though we did have a few spots of rain around lunch time.
I went to Elie after morning coffee to get an appointment at Lorraine's (Hairdresser). I got lucky as Lorraine had a cancellation and I could get done after Iain (Murdoch) who was having his haircut when I went in. So the three of us had a good old natter. In fact Ken (Murray) came in so that made it a four person natter. I've had my haircut so I'm feeling almost frisky.
When I go to Elie at this time of year, I always go up the Ferry Road and down the Elie road, to avoid the congestion that can happen in Links Place (Elie). Anyway when I got to the Broomlees junction with the Main Road the Air Ambulance helicopter was sitting in the corner of the field. Apparently it was on a mission and had broken down.
I'm going to make a fresh cuppa, and sort out something for dinner!
The sun has broken through and it looks like we could have a nice evening.
21.30 Although the late afternoon and evening have been sunnier we have had a couple of short, thundery showers. Having just seen the weather forecast, it looks like tomorrow could be a mostly dry day; maybe even a good drying day.
I'm going to have an early night in bed. The 'plan' is to go Leven and Methil tomorrow, but that
depends on the weather and how I'm feeling. And, if it does look like being a good drying day I might hang out the wee bit of washing that's in the machine before I go. Could be a busy day for me!
![]() |
| Mummy with Henry and Austin. |
This evening I left the TV buttons on the wee coffee table by my chair: the first time I've done that since the 'troops' left!


