Light cloud ....

8th August 2026 (Saturday)      10.30 .... There's a lot of light cloud;  but there are patches of blue
sky, so we should have sunny spells.    The air feels cooler to me, but that's probably because the sun is behind the cloud at the moment.    I'm going to be lying low again;  hoping that the sun does break through, so that I can spend time in The Hutte.   I got up at my usual time this morning, but haven't actually been outside.   I'll have morning, in The Hutte, coffee after this update.

17.00    It has been a mostly overcast kind of day;  we did have a sunny spell  around lunchtime, and that brought out some Large White butterfly's  but it was too windy to photographs them.    I've been 'resting' in The Hutte most of the time, doing Soduko's.   It was warm when the sun was out, but it turns much cooler when the sun disappeared again;   so I have abandoned being outside.   And, having checked the BBC Weather forecast,  there could be a band of rain coming across KY9 later tonight and tomorrow, hence the cooler feel to the air.

20.15    I was watching an interesting programme on BBC, about 'AI' and the effect it would have on jobs.   It got me thinking about my Great Grandchildren, Henry and Austin in Somerset, and Sorley in Inverness.    All children born now will have a lifetime  dominated by super fast computers,  the internet and 'AI' . 

Computers and the internet are brilliant 'tools'  and, used wisely should benefit the whole of mankind.   But, unscrupulous people all over the World use them for their own 'evil' ends.   When you read about all that goes on... 'evil' is the best word to describe what unscrupulous people do.    I worry about the electronic World today's children, our descendants, are going to have to contend with!   Today's small children, will have to live with the decisions that today' s politicians, and  people in positions of Power, make about the internet and 'AI'.    I must watch that programme again;  I imagine it will be on BBC i Player!

I had a  restless night last night;  it was too hot, and I didn't switch the fan on until 05.00!    I'm going
have it on from when I go to bed tonight;  and switch it off if gets too cold!

Today's photos were all taken around Uckfield (Sussex)) 14 years ago.   Uckfield is surrounded by Nature Reserves, and woodland ;  and I have walked it all.... and have the photographs to 'play' with!    I'll have to ID them later;  I'm relying on Iain doing that for me!    Anyway...  Top -is a Moth, the Middle - Hoverfly, and the Bottom - a lizard that has cast it's tail.

  


   

Popular posts from this blog

Quiet morning ....

Dreich ....

Overcast ....