Damp ....

3rd August 2026 (Monday)     08.00 .... It's an overcast,  quiet morning, with a light breeze from the SE ;  and The Troops are on the move.    They plan on setting off after lunch;  in the meantime Henry has found a small Yo-Yo to puzzle over.    Yo-Yo?..... it's long time since I played with a yo-yo.  Unfortunately this, small yo'yo, has a knot on the string.... so I won't be playing with this one!    

The shy, though overcast, shows signs of brightening up so we could have 'sunny spells' later.;  however we have light rain just now.

17.45    'The Troops' arr on their way to John's  parent's in Cumbria for another break before they travel home to Somerset.     Henry and Austen were buzzin' this morning;  probably guessed that they were going to be visiting John's Mum and Dad, their Cumbrian Gran and Grandad.   

The light rain has moved away and we now have a nice late afternoon.   However this is only a temporary lull, because heavy rain is coming our way tonight.   I'm hoping it's much later tonight because I've got a washing on the line.   There's actually a warm breeze at the moment, but I doubt if it's enough to dry the washing before the rain arrives.

22.30    I enjoyed having 'the Troops' for their short holiday.   I had been apprehensive about Henry and Austen, and how we would get on together:  I needn't have worried:  to them I was just 'Gran B'.   Henry was slightly shy at first, but I could see his eyes wandering round all the, by now, interesting 'stuff' ...'stuff'  that had to be checked out and, in most cases, moved to new locations;  the shyness evaporated!    We got on brilliantly.   The only problem was 'me';  I didn't understand the importance of things that went on in growing brain.   A very fast growing brain I might add!    Austin is that bit younger, and his ability to help move 'stuff' is limited ,at the moment, because he isn't walking yet.    However that will be changing shortly; and, they will then be a formidable pair;  I suspect that Mummy and Daddy will be forever looking for 'things'.

The washing I hung out this morning, has dried and been ironed;  but I'm not sure when the bedding will get done.
We're to have showers tomorrow. and on Wednesday.   I'll check the forecast first thing tomorrow morning.    I also badly need a haircut so plan on going to Lorraine's to make an appointment.

I'm going to have a cuppa then get off to bed.
Today's photographs:  Top - the patio this morning, Middle - Emily reading to Henry with Austin trying to attract her attention.... and Bottom - Austin, having given up with Mummy, wants to open the door.    He knows what he needs to do with the door handle, but can't quite reach it!



Popular posts from this blog

Quiet morning ....

Dreich ....

Overcast ....