Nice morning .....

31st August 2026 (Monday)    09.45 .... We have a sunny, and warm, Bank Holiday Monday, after
a sultry kind of night.    I had to switch on the fan it was so hot.   The North East of England had a lot of thunderstorms, which have now drifted out over the North Sea.   "Sunny intervals with a moderate Westerly breeze"  is the weather forecast for KY9 today.  Me? .....  I'm going to enjoy a quiet, and relaxing, holiday Monday!    No 'ousework or anything remotely, even slightly, strenuous!

19.00    I now have my Community Alarm, which is operational, but still has to be finally 'set up';  and the annual fee paid.     A letter should arrive in the next few days with the details, of what I have to do next.

We've had a lovely sunny day, though I found the morning stifling and uncomfortable.   But the wind freshened in the afternoon and we had a really nice fresh day:  a bit too hot to sit out in The Hutte, in the middle of the afternoon.    But fine once the heat of the day was past.    At one time it was 23C on the patio thermometer.

This hasn't been a completely lazy day,:  I did some work on the computer when it was too hot outside.  There's more work to be done before I upload it onto the Hutte pages.   Progress, though slow is steady.

Tomorrow?.... I intend going to Methil to visit Alice;  the roads should be quieter, because  the holiday makers will have drifted back home after the Bank Holiday.   They, the roads, will have been very busy this afternoon!


Light rain is forecast for tomorrow;  in fact it looks like it could be coming our way shortly by the look of the Western sky.   

The Tattoo is coming on BBC1 at 20.00 so I shall finish this update, and make a cuppa before I settle
down to watch it.   It will be interesting to see how it has changed over the years.    The last time I was there was with Calumn when we worked at The Craw's Nest.   It has certainly changed since Maggie and I started going to The Tattoo in the 1960's.

Today's photographs:  Pathhead Parish Church, Kirkcaldy.    From the outside the Pathhead kirk looks  almost barn like (OK; ... a fancy barn):  but, my word, the inside is stunning!

Popular posts from this blog

Quiet morning ....

Dreich ....

Overcast ....