Remembering "Sapper" ....


2nd June 2018 (Saturday) ....  The sun is beginning to burn back the fog
Elie harbour beach.
bank that’s drifted in overnight, so we should have sunny and warm (humid) afternoon.    The yellow warning for thunderstorms is still ‘active’ from lunchtime through to evening time.  
I’ve been out for the paper, and down to the harbour.    There wasn’t much to see at the harbour;   well there was but I couldn’t see it for fog.




15.00     After breakfast I decided to cancel doing ladder-work on the front of Ivy over the weekend.     I’ll do the work thing on Monday... weather permitting.    Conveniently, this left me with free time, so, I ‘jamp’ on the bike and went round Elie estate.
I’ve just been browsing the Live Lightning site and we are really lucky:  there are thunderstorms to the south and west of us;  and north of the River Tay, but so far, and fingers crossed, the nearest lightning to us has been a strike near Kinross.   That said  the storms are well within ‘thundery headache’ range. 

Kinneuchar Loch.

20.00    Everywhere seems awfie quiet this evening:   like everyone has abandoned me.   The double yellow lines on Ferry Road are active now (from   1st June through to 31st August) so Ferry Road is bereft of cars;  that could be why the street looks so abandoned.   That said there are no cars in Ferry Wynd either.    Jings I’m beginning to feel lonely.

I’ve had a fairly lazy ‘middle part’ of the day;  but I am doing Fiendish Soduko’s faster.    Oh .... what I did manage to do is find the set of Water Colour pencils that I bought in Uckfield.   I’m going to have ago at a water colour.... that will be a change from doing Soduko’s.   A big change!

We haven’t had rain today.... not here anyway.    The thunderstorms moved away to the
Laburnum tree at the lochside.
West, leaving us with a heavily overcast sky.   Actually it looks like we could get rain of the non- thunder variety.   There has been a wee drop of rain in the West of Fife ... less than half a millimetre.    The gardens need a lot more than that.    The weather forecast for tomorrow is for more of the same ... though we might catch some showers overnight.    I’m thinking of going to Leven first thing tomorrow morning, to do a ‘shopping’.    ‘Blob’ needs ‘Blob Goodies’, though it isn’t urgent..   It really all depends on how I feel after I’ve been for the paper.  

 

21.30    I’m heartbroken tonight.  I’ve just read on Facebook that Graham and
"Sapper".
Elizabeth’s Golden Retriever, “Sapper”, was put to sleep yesterday.    He was a lovely dog.    When I occasionally had the pleasure of looking after him;  “Sapper” would sleep on his bed in the living room, and I was in my bedroom, with the door open.    I would wake up, at about 05.30,  with the feeling that someone was watching me.  There was!    A pair of big brown eyeballs sitting at my bedside as if to say, “well, I’m ready, when are you going to get up”!    Everyone will miss “Sapper”, he was a loving and very much loved dog.   Rest in Peace auld friend;  I’ll remember the many happy walks over the golf course.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....