Feel like working ....


15th June 2018 (Friday) .... 08.00    The morning began really bright and
Ferry Road in the early 1900's.
breezy, but the sky is beginning to cloud over and looking like we could have a few showers.    A nice enough morning though.... ‘breezy and cool’.    After breakfast, I’ll fix the gate .... before any showers do come our way.    For some reason I feel productive ... i.e. in a working mood.   There are nae pills for that;    I daresay it, the working mood, will pass.



22.30    Surprise surprise .... the working mood didn’t pass:  I have been working on the front gate most of the day.     In the morning I went up for a paper:  had coffee with ‘the boys’, forgot to buy a paper,....  but went to Anstruther to buy hinges for the gate.   The original intention was to try to replace the hinges one at a time in situ, but that was never going to work so I took the gate off the post, and did the job properly.   I’ve enjoyed spending a day doing something
Local 'Fun Run' 1984 _ Michael at "Adamson's Corner".
constructive;  having said that I have no doubt my knees and hips will be stiff in the morning.

The naughty gate very nearly came between me and ‘my’ WRI girls.    I’d promised to go and get a group photo of ‘the girls’ along at the Bowling Club;  they were having a games evening.    There’s ‘the boy’ sitting on a bottle crate painting away at the inside of the gate when ‘he’  suddenly remembered .... “ oh .... the girls”.    I grabbed the nearest camera, louped on the bike and arrived at the Bowling Club .... just in time.    I am happy with the photos.   I could have stayed for a cuppa and sandwiches;   and a chat, but I wanted to get the inside of the gate painted so that I can fit it back on the post tomorrow morning.    Mind you I was sorely tempted to have the tea .... I know that the
Inside of the gate.
girls always have an excellent spread at their WRI meetings!    However the gate is ready to fit first thing tomorrow.

There’s a Coffee Morning in the Kirk Hall tomorrow, at 10.00.   So the plan for tomorrow morning is;  fit the gate, and go to the Coffee Morning.    If the weather is fine I’ll do the gate before I have a shower.    The weather forecast is a wee bit gloomier for tomorrow... a better chance of showers in the middle of the day.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....