Bonnie morning ....


6th June 2018 (Wednesday) .... 06.30     It is a lovely morning, but it is chilly
Cruise ship - "Norwegian Jade".
on the beach ;  that was at 05.30.    It will be warmer now that the sun is higher in the sky, in fact it looks like being a really nice day.    I’m going to do things around Ivy today:   I found black gloss paint so I will have a go at sign-writing.     My hands are arthritic now, so I’m almost scared to start;  I just don’t know how I’ll get on.     It will be an interesting ‘test’.



This afternoon at Elie and Earlsferry.

20.30     It has been a bonnie day.... though there was a cool breeze in the afternoon, but in Ivy garden it was just perfect.    I’ve had a good day:  the wee sign I was almost scared to ‘write’, turned out fine.    I knew the layout would be fine, it was the execution of the actual work that was worrying me.   For sign writing you need flexible fingers and my right hand is anything but flexible now.    Anyway I eventually ‘took the bull by the horns’, and made a start.    The skill is still there, but my confidence was low;  however after ‘writing’ a couple of letters I began to realise that, though never going to be perfect, it was going to be fine.    I’m a happy boy tonight.
Apart from George’s sign, and pulling a few weeds, I’ve had a quiet day.    With the air being cooler I haven’t had a siesta today, but I did do a Soduko to keep my brain active.   The Super Fiendish ones certainly do that.

After I’d done with the sign, I went down to sit of Nana’s seat and browsed the beach. 
George's sign.
  
That’s when I felt the cool air, even though I had a light fleece on.   I didn’t go down onto the beach, I just relaxed, watching others bumble their way along the edge of the tide.    With hindsight I should have made a mug o’ coffee and had that when I was there;   I might do that tomorrow.   Actually, now that I don’t have ‘sign writing’ on my mind, I might go somewhere different tomorrow morning.     The weather forecast is good for tomorrow .... more or less a repeat of today’s.    The ‘Drop in Cafe’ is tomorrow afternoon, so anything I want to do will be done in the morning:  can’t miss the ‘Cafe’.

We have a bonnie, albeit cool, evening .... almost romantic in fact.     I’ll have a cuppa, then pull a few more weeds before bedtime.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....