Storm 'Hector' .....


14th June 2018 (Thursday) ..... 08.00    It’s a bit draughty on the beach this
Draughty morning.
morning.    ‘Hector’ (the storm;  whose socks we Blessed yesterday) is excitable.... but dry.    I won’t be biking today that’s for sure;  but it is a nice enough day for bumbling around.     The wind is forecast to be strongest around midday.... right now it’s F6-7.    I’m wondering if I need to go to Leven;   it’s the kind of morning for doing shopping etc.





21.30    Storm Hector has bumbled ‘his’ way through, reaching F9 in the middle part of the day.    It is much calmer now;  I like calm.    Actually we have a bonnie evening though it’s still breezy.... and it looks like we might catch a shower.    ‘Hector’ had the streets looking like autumn had arrived early.... but with a serious lack of autumn colours.     Green leaves do not an autumn make.   He, ‘Hector’ also damaged my front
'Hector' at Elie.
gate;  the catch had slipped and it was banging when I got back from Leven, and the screws on the bottom hinge need tightening.    That will be my job for tomorrow morning;   when it should be less windy.

I did go to Leven this morning.    I first went to Harbour House for morning coffee with the ‘troops’, then up to Kinneuchar to have a cuppa with Shona.      Shona was out, but I met and had along chat with Ron (Forgan).    I left a couple of scones for Shona when she got back.    One for Shona, and one for her boyfriend.
  
I got back from Leven in time for the ‘Drop in Cafe’ in the afternoon.   Oh ....  I met ‘M’s sister, Molly, in Sainsbury’s (it’s been a good day for meeting folk I haven’t seen for a while) and caught up with some St Monans ‘news’.     Like everywhere else there’s nothing happening in St Monans.   ‘No’ news is good news... so I’m happy.
High tide at the Toft (Elie).
Elinor told us that the money we pay for out weekly cuppas (£1) at the  ‘Cafe’ mounts up and goes to good causes ... including our own church.    It’s an enjoyable way to raise funds.

Well it has been a ‘wild’ day thanks to Hector, but things should be calmer tomorrow:   I might even get the bike out.   My ‘plan’ is to tighten, or replace the screws on the bottom hinge of the gate.    That could be a tricky job.    I’ll probably make it  a ‘tricky job’.   I’ll paint the gate after fixing it.   Oh dear .... I’m beginning to feel tired at the thought of  work.


22.00     Wellllll  .... that was not one of the best ideas I’ve had.    I decided I needed a walk on the beach before bedtime.   It is freezin’ down there.    There’s been a serious
Sunset time .... and it was cauld!
drop in the temperature mover the last hour or so.    Not only did ‘Hector’ make it look like an early autumn.... it feels like it too ....having said that the sun has just set so that will make it cool anyway.    I’m having a warming mug of cocoa before heading for my ‘Royal Burrow’.   

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Cold and overcast ....