Scottish Women's Golf Final ....


9th June 2 018 (Saturday)  .... 09.30     Jings .... I decided to up to the golf
Finalists on the 3rd tee.
course for my morning walk today;  just as the finalist, Gabrielle MacDonald and Gemma Batty, teed off in the Scottish Women’s Championship.     I watched them playing first three holes before ‘Puku’ (bless his emptiness) began to let me know that he was hungry, so I had to go back to Ivy and have breakfast.    It’s lovely mornin g for golf and I’d have liked to follow the match to it’s conclusion, but a ‘rumbling’ stomach is not good when watching live golf.    Thunder storms are forecast for evening time .... mostly for the west of Fife.



16.30     After having breakfast, and updating the Hutte in the morning, I went up to the seat at the 17th green to watch another hole of golf.    I could the spectators on the hill at the sixteenth so knew it  wouldn’t be long before they came down the 17th.  Chris (neighbour) joined me, as did Lindsay (who was on his battery assisted bike), and a
Ferry Wynd .... my way to, and from, the beach.
lady who’s name I don’t know.    Actually there was a good crowd following the match, considering the early start (08.00).     I didn’t go along the eighteenth,;  my knee was acting up by this time.    The match was won by Gemma Batty (West Linton).   Gabrielle MacDonald (Craigielaw) got a bad bounce and her ball went out of bounds behind the green.... which was an unfortunate way for a good match to finish.



20.00     We’ve been lucky with the weather:   there has been thunder storms to the north of the River Tay, to the south of the Firth of Forth and Edinburgh, and to the West of Fife but we missed the lot.    The nearest ‘strike’ I saw on the Lightning Map was just west of Kinross in the middle of the afternoon.    The storms were near enough for me to have a good old thundery headache most of the afternoon:   however they (the storms), and the headache, are clearing away now.    We could have more of the same tomorrow afternoon; let’s hope we miss them again.

I don’t have any ‘plan’ for tomorrow:   it all depends on what is happening with the
Lightning strike on Deeside.
weather.    It does look like we could get some showers, hopefully not thunder showers.    My best time is in the morning so I might go for a walk first thing, ..... I’ll see how I feel in the morning.

I’ve had an enjoyable day today;  especially bumbling into the golf match .    I don’t know what made me change my walk from the beach to the golf course:   I must have wanted a change of scene.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....