Summer Solstice ....


21st June 2018 (Thursday) ... 09.00    “Bright, breezy’... and cauld”;
Brian (with the flag) on the third.
  that’s our weather this morning.   It’s a lovely morning, but the wind suddenly increased from F2 up to F4 and, being that it is coming from the North West, there was a sudden increase in wind chill.   When I went up to the ‘Pony Field’ for my morning walk there was very little wind, and I was enjoying a walk in warm sunshine.    We still have the sunshine, but, exposed to the wind, it is no longer warm.   It’s a good drying wind so I’ve got a washing out.    Actually there are clouds beginning to scuttle across the sky;   we could have showers later.    This must be the coldest Summer Solstice we've had in a long time.



21.00    We are coming to the end of a glorious day;  albeit on the cool side when exposed to the wind.     There were loads of fair-weather clouds bumbling across the sky, but they have all gone, leaving us with ‘wall to wall’ bloo.    It’s a lovely evening.... but cool.    There were showers, but well away from us.

The Ferry clock'.
I’ve had a quiet day:  had my morning walk, took the car up to Colinsburgh for fuel, then to Elie for the paper and coffee.    I’m going up to Auchnagatt tomorrow for the weekend;  hence the need to top up the fuel.    This will be the first long run I’ve had in “Jimmy’s” car:   I don’t know whether to go over the Cairn o’ Mount, or through Aberdeen.    The ‘Cairn’ road is longer but also scenic.... the ‘Aberdeen’ road quicker but boring.    I’ll make my mind up after I have had breakfast at “Peggy Scott’s”.    The weather forecast is good for the weekend:  dry and warmer.   In fact the words “heat” and “wave” have been mentioned.... but I suspect that’s for the south coast.   I’ve had to turn the heating ‘on’ for the evening.... there’s nae heat wave here!

We had the ‘Drop in Cafe’ in the afternoon;   my word it was busy.    I think there is
Glorious afternoon.
another one before we close for the summer.    Not much in the way of ‘secret information’; apparently ‘nothing’ is happening everywhere.

I’ve been packing a wee travel bag for my trip north.     The North East Scotland Classical Guitar Society annual concert is in Kemnay Church Hall on Saturday afternoon:  Jackie (my daughter in law) is taking part; playing solo, and with the ensemble.     I’ll enjoy this weekend.  

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morning ....

Warm and damp ....