Airdlin Croft garden ....


23rd June 2018 (Saturday) .... 09.00   There’s a brisk breeze adding a bit of wind chill to the air;  that said it’s a bonnie morning, but cool.    Iain has Stock Dove
Hazel in Airdlin Croft garden.
coming to the feeders.... in fact there are three of them around.    We must have Stock Doves in Fife, but I haven’t seen one in the Royal Burgh.    They look like small Wood Pigeons, without white marks on their necks.



20.00    Hazel and I went to the Airdlin Croft garden (Scottish Gardens) this morning.    This is a former croft converted into a woodland garden;   and it is stunning;  an oasis in a desert of fields, because this part of Scotland is exceptional farming country.    It  takes about an hour to bumble round the well marked paths, and for the keen gardener there are loads of different shrubs and plants to admire.    Unfortunately it has been a, mostly, grey day here, and when we were leaving Airdlin, it was spitting rain;  but the car park was busy.... and the rain didn’t come too much.
I went to Maud to put fuel in the car.   I like the Maud garage because it is more or less the same as Colinsburgh.    The pumps at the bigger garages are too modern for this ‘auld(ish)’ guy.   Anyway, the car is now fuelled up for the journey home tomorrow evening.    The VW appears to be economical on fuel.... especially on a long run.

We all went to Kemnay in the afternoon to listen to the classical guitar society:   and they were very good.    The afternoon went quickly;   always a good sign that folk are enjoying themselves.    Finding the Parish Church all was a wee bit tricky, but we got there with time to spare.   I’m sure it’s called the Community Hall.   I got a few
Hazel in Airdlin woodland walk.
photographs.... I thought I’d taken a couple of short videos, but they haven’t downloaded so I guess I didn’t.    Take a couple of short videos i.e.    Disappointingly, it was raining when we left Kemnay.    Actually it is very grey, and cold this evening.... but not actually raining.    I think the weather is due to improve tomorrow.

I’m going to travel home tomorrow.....  in the evening;   down the A90 via Aberdeen.    I want to see how the ‘new’ bye-pass is coming on.    That said;   I’ll only see both
Jackie and Gary.
ends of it as it isn’t opening until the autumn.
I’m tired tonight .... it must be the travelling catching up with me.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Quiet morrrrrrrrrrning .....

Quiet morning ....