Wall to wall blue sky ......

24th June 2024 (Monday)    07.30 .... It's sunny and warm with a light breeze.... it's summertime! 


  We a have 'wall to wall' blue sky just now, but clouds could wander over from the West later.  I'm going to have a run up to Kinneuchar to visit Shona later in the morning;  she wasn't 'in' yesterday, and her car wasn't moored up in it's usual space:  she might be away on holiday.   Anyway it's a good day for the bike .... and I need the exercise!


17.30    It has been warm today; the garden thermometer was up to 25C (in th shade) at 16.35.   I had slept through the worst/ best? of the heat so it didn't bother me.   Shona was in residence this morning so I have caught up with all her 'news'.   Shona's garden is looking good ;  mine isn't.   there's loads of growth in Ivy garden but I can't do much about it;  I'm still recovering from painting Ivy etc.
I decided to bike up to Kinneuchar via Elie Estate to see how the rhododendrons were; I'd missed the best of them but got one colourful photo.   The loch was peaceful with nae squabbling anywhere.  Horace and Hermione (swans) have 4 cygnets and all was peaceful in that corner of the loch.   Horace is very defensive of his territory.... especially at this time of year.   They have been in the SW corner of the loch for a number of years.

As I was leaving the estate by the North Lodge gate, a cyclist caught up with me.    He is from Stirling and on holiday at Cellardyke with his family.  It was a good day for biking .... and  I met a lot of other cyclists enjoying this weather.  Anyway I eventually arrived at Shona's, with goodies, and we had a very welcome and refreshing mug o' Mint tea, sitting in the sun, scoffing fruit salad, oatcakes with cheese... and goodies.
When I left Ivy I'd decided to flatten the bike battery right to the bones .... (it needs that now and again)... and why I'd gone via the estate.    Unfortunately I'd got it slightly wrong and had to pedal without assist from Broomlees.   Luckily there are uphill (hard) bits and downhill bits (easy) of about equal length so, although it's hard word pedalling a battery powered bike when it's flat, it wasn't too bad.... with only 500 metres or so,  of uphill pedalling!     The battery is now being charged ready for action .... probably on Thursday.

I have a busy morning tomorrow;  10.00 is my hair appointment with Lorraine.... then back to Ivy for a
last minute cuppa before I go to Leven Station to meet Alice to take the train to Edinburgh.    That reminds me I must make sure that the card for the camera is MT... and a spare battery in the bag;  plus a full bottle of water.   I had thought about taking the 'hurdy gurdy' to Edinburgh but it would be to much hassle.... and we don't intend walking very far.   Alice might, but I'll move from one seat to another seat.... and take photographs.   I'll do Edinburgh like a tourist!

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....