Lovely morrrrrrrning .....

9th June 2024 (Sunday)    08.45 .... After a long night's sleep I'm up and runnin';  no, that's an


exaggeration....  moving around like a tired sloth  would be more accurate.   Actually we have a lovely morning, and it's warm in the sun, but cool exposed to the NW breeze (F3).   'JB' has been sighted but he isn't in a state o' high activity.   I've just had a thought;  it should be warm in the sun at this time of the year.... in another two weeks it's the Summer Solstice (Midsummer Day).

23.00    We ('JB' and me) have been busy boys today.   John started his morning by going for a walk to the beach;  and did the same in the evening.   I started sluggishly but gradually built up to thinking about doing something.  After John came back from his morning walk we had another cuppa, and decided to go to Sainsbury's and do some shopping.   'JB' (John) wrote a list while we were having the aforementioned cuppa.... then lost it.  And wrote a new one.   We then went online to get John on my Car Insurance so that he can drive;  and I take photographs from the car.   The insurance thing done we promptly set of for Leven, where our first port of car was going to be the car wash.  The car wash was fairly busy but it doesn't take  long to get

cars through, and we were soon on our way to Sainsbury's.   The shopping took a wee while, but we got everything that was on John's the list, plus Caramel Wafers, and were back at Ivy around 15.00.   While I put the messages away and made a cuppa, while John decided that it was a good day to start the front of Ivy Cottage;  and that was our nest mission.   We cleaned out the rhones, scraped the window sills and got rid of the weeds along the bottom of the wall.  I should clarify:  'JB' cleaned out the rhones... I stood at the bottom of the ladder.

Tomorrow we plan to undercoat the rhone tomorrow and make  the wall ready for a coat of emulsion.   I get my COVID booster at 09.34 at the Randolph Wemyss on Tuesday; so, being in that 'neck o' the woods', we'll go to B n Q's to buy a bucket of exterior quality emulsion.

This has been a productive day and we hope the weather is friendly tomorrow so that we can do some


more 'work'.   I forgot to mention that John tidied up the front garden and the steps up to the Hutte;  all jobs that I could do without thinking about it a few months ago.  I'm tired tonight but looking forward to helping 'JB' as much as I can tomorrow.   Assuming that the weather is amenable.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....