Quiet morrrrrning .....

25th June 2024 (Tuesday)    08.00 .... We have a nice morning .... mostly clouds with sunny


spells now and again, and light rain  forecast for the afternoon.   It's a a nice day for going to Edinburgh on the 'Leven'  train, but the light rain means we might not  venture far from Waverley Station....!   That said the rain may be intermittent.   I'm organized for having my haircut at Lorraine's, and the trip to Edinburgh.  It's cuppa time.

Alice and I had a good trip to Edinburgh of the Leven train:  but it didn't start very well.   The 11.26 train was cancelled (shortage of drivers) so we went up to Alice's for a cuppa and got the 12.26.   It is a picturesque journey.... with Edinburgh at the end of it and well worth the £9 return fare.  Having our 'Fife Travel' cards meant we only paid from Inverkeithing to Edinburgh Waverley.  

On arriving at Waverley we had a short rest then took the lift up to Princes Street.   Having had to take a later train my pain killers were beginning to wear off so I took another two when we reached Princes Street Gardens.   We took a shorter route (about 150 metres) back, through Waverley Market and using the escalators.... and were in time to catch the 15.03 train back to Leven.   Unfortunately it was raining by this time so I didn't get many photos on the return journey.


Alice had a wee 'adventure' on her own; across Princes Street to the 'Black Sheep' coffee shop.   Buying the coffee was the adventure because it was electronic ordering... and paying by card only.   However Alice got lucky and a young lassie helped her do the needful and we enjoyed our coffee on a seat in the gardens.   When Alice was off on her adventure I talked to two Indian ladies (mother and daughter) who had joined me on the seat.  The daughter (her name Eesha means 'Nectar') is a studying at Newcastle University.  I enjoyed chatting to the Indian ladies .... and now know the proper way to say 'Namaste'.  My Indian ladies went off to find food and a group of Chinese tourists arrived.   Our politicians would have us believe the the Chinese are our 'enemies' but I found them friendly... and interesting.   If we have any enemies it's politicians the world over who inform 'us', the vast majority of the world's population, who 'our' enemies are.  Anyway I enjoyed my chat with some of the visitors to our shores.  That was a good seat we chose to sit on in Princes Street gardens!

I have enjoyed myself today.... I never thought that I'd set foot on Princes Street again.    But, thanks to


Alice being there to help, I did.... and might even be able to do it again.   I'm a happy boy (and a tired one) tonight.   The next few days might be 'rest days'.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....