Cold wind ....

11th June 2024 (Tuesday)     08.00 .... We have a bonnie morning, but there's a cold North


Westerly 
wind (F3) and it feels more like winter, than ten days short of the Summer Solstice.    It will be warm in the sun when sheltered from the wind;  but not a morning for the beach.  It is a good morning for having my COVID booster;  the air should be slightly warmer in the afternoon, when John and I will be working outside.

11.30   That's COVID booster done for another 6 months;  and I think that's the quickest I have ever been.  The Waiting Room was empty apart from us two ('JB' and me) and three Nurses,.... one Nurse at the desk booking you in, and the other two Nurses at separate 'jabbing room' doors.   Actually that was the hardest bit of all;  choosing which Nurse to do the jabbing.   After a bit of mental 'eenie meenie minee mo' I went to the ...er ... unlucky Nurse, got the jab (didn't feel it), and was on the way out by my official appointment time.  On the way home we stopped at Sainsbury's to get a few bits and bobs;  and back at the 'Royal Burrow'  about 10.30.   We didn't visit Alice because she is a busy girl.... and we wanted to take advantage of the dry weather to do some painting.


23.00   Late bed time for me after a busy day.   JB and I make a good painting team;  JB does the work and I have the aches and pains.   Tomorrow we hope to emulsion the front of Ivy;  the weather forecast is good.... but it will be cool.   The 'plan' is to make an early start to take advantage of the morning sun.

I had a slight headache in the afternoon, and slept most of the evening, both most likely caused by the COVID booster.   I'm tired now and will have a mug o' 'orlicks before going to bed.    JB went for a walk on the beach with the camera and gets the credit for today's photographs!   

.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....