The Summer Solstice ....

20th June 2024 (Thursday)    08.00 .... This is the first day of of summer... and it's looking good.

Let's hope it's a decent one;  a decent Summer that is.... not just today!    There's a fair amount of cloud around just now, but the sun should shift burn that off soon.   I have a sheet on the line so need a good drying day!

11.00    I took the car up to Elie to pick up bits and pieces... including my prescription!   And... this is good;   I remembered to get the paper.   I also had a run down to the harbour where I saw the skiffs being made ready to go out.   I have to go up to Elie (this time on the bike) and I'm hoping to get a few photos of the skiffs on the water.   High tide is around 14.30.  I came home by way of Colinsburgh Filling Station.

20.00    'The best laid schemes o' mice and Alberto gang aft agley' right enough!    I had a plan for today that involved the bike:  but I fell sound asleep just after the 11.00 update.... for just over an hour.  I have been feeling under the weather for the past few days and, having taken a magnifying glass to read the 'rools' that came with the COVID booster....and discovered that tiredness is one of the after effects.  The COVID jab gets the blame for what has been a lazy day for me (it's either that or some mild kind o' bug);  I fell asleep again at my normal time in the afternoon.  The most annoying thing is that I never made an appointment to have my haircut. 

'Bold Ventures'.

Although feeling sluggish, I did the ironing, made multiple cuppas, watched some football and 'rested'.   It has been a bonnie day ....the washing I had out dried (the aforementioned ironing) so the day hasn't been totally wasted.   I'm going to have a 'Janice Toddie' at bedtime;  that will shake off any 'bug' I might have caught.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....