Cloudy ....

30th June 2024 (Sunday)     09.30 .... It's a quiet morning.... but not very summery looking because

the sky is overcast,.... with light rain showers mentioned in the weather forecast.   Somebody was busy early this morning;  Ferry Road has been 'coned off' so that Scottish Water  can begin work tomorrow morning.   The road isn't  'Closed' but will be tomorrow morning.   I've moved to car round to St Margaret's.

20.30    The villages have been busy with holiday makers. ... and with day trippers to the beach.  I didn't go out on the bike until the roads were quieter;  which was later in the afternoon.   It was warm, with only a light breeze gently pushing fluffy clouds across the sky to make interesting photos.  The golf course was fairly busy.... and there was one golfer practicing on the Pony Feld.   We chatted before Andrew (Kinneuchar Station) started hitting balls towards the North end of the Pony Field.... and I louped onto the bike to go up to Chapel Green.   I met Ann, Barbara and Chris at the bottom of Ferry Road, so stopped to chat to them before  going up the High Street to Chapel Green.    The 'Green' was quiet, in fact I didn't see anyone up there, but did see a few folk walking along the beach.   It has been a quiet end to my afternoon.


The car is now moored up in the 'Disabled' space at the toon Hall.... and Ferry Road now ready to be 'Closed', to allow Scottish Water to work in safety.   The 'Ferry Corner' has been a busy old corner for the past few years.   What have I done today?.... the answer to that is 'not a lot'!    I manage to fall asleep in front of the tele ... even after a good night's sleep.   I'm beginning to wonder if that last 'bug' I had was in fact COVID (three weeks before I had my booster):  it's had the same effect as the first time I had it (COVID).   I was reading on the BBC page that COVID is on the rise again.   Anyway I'm feeling better ... but tired!

22.30    On Thursday past 8 of our local Golf House Club golfers played 100 holes (I think it was actually 101) round the local course, to raise money for the East Neuk First Responders... an independent charity, that responds and attends to anyone suffering life threatening emergencies, in the local area. The eight golfers, who each walked a marathon  playing their marathon round of 'gowf',
raised a over £17,000  for the First Responders.  Well done and congratulations boys!   Now I'm thinkin' of all the action shots I that I could have had.   
Photograph of the eight 'boys' on the 17th green supplied by Chris (Mennie). 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....