19th June 2024 (Wednesday)     08.30 .... The rain moved away overnight but the sky is overcast,

and it's disappointingly cool for this time of year... but it's a nice, quiet start to the day, and the sun should break through by mis morning.  It's hard to believe that tomorrow is the Sommer Solstice (Midsummer's Day);  the day when the sun is at it's highest point in the Northern sky.   It's also officially he first day of Summer;  I've never worked out how the beginning of summer can be on Midsummer's Day, but I believe it has.... but that's how it is.  I hope that summer does start tomorrow!   

22.30    This has been a lovely summer's day;    Let's hope it is the start of a proper summer for a change!  The washing dried in 'nae time' and has been ironed:  I still have towels to do but tomorrow is going to be another bonnie day.... so I'm a 'happy boy'.    I had a run up to Chapel Green on the bike about midday by which time it was pleasantly warm with hardly any wind.   I thought Chapel Green would be busier;  I then remembered that it is the middle of the week and the schools are not on holiday yet.   Anyway I enjoyed  a quiet 20 minutes or so up there, got a few photos, then went back home for lunch.

Scotland had a 1 -1 draw with Switzerland in their 'Euro 24'  match tonight;  they certainly played better than in their first game against Germany, when they lost 5 - 1.   


The weather forecast is 'another warm and sunny day' tomorrow.... so I will get the washing finished;  and might manage to get an appointment to have my hair cut.  I haven't been up for a paper for a while, so that will be the target for tomorrow's bike run.    And (note to me) I must remember to pick up my prescription.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....