Beautiful morning .....

29th June 2024 (Saturday)    08.00 .... It's a bonnie morning, but there's a disappointingly cool

Iain and Hazel.
WNW breeze that feels more like Autumn than Summer.  I doubt if the temperature will reach where I'd like it to be today, but I'll have another cuppa then go for a turn round the villages on the bike.... the air might have warmed up a bit by then.

21.00    'The Boy' has had an enjoyable.... and eventful day.   Iain and Hazel arrived about 10.30 .... and they brought exciting 'News' with them:  I am going to be a Great Grandad for the second time.... Hazel is pregnant (a boy) and due at the end of October.  We had a cuppa to celebrate.... and the get me back down to earth;  and decided to go to Kellie Castle for a daunder roond the garden and a light lunch.    I had mince and vegetables in the slow cooker to make Cottage Pies....we'd have some 'mince and tautties' when we got back from Kellie.

John and Linda.
Unsurprisingly Kellie Castle was busy, but we were only going to do the garden and have lunch.  This was where I had  my second surprise of the day;  the couple in front of us in the  Kellie shop, turned out to be my friends from Cumbernauld  John and Linda.   The shop was busy so we had a good old catch up chat before going out to the garden.   I thought John and Linda were on their way out of the garden, but they were in fact on their way in, and I met up with them later.  I was in rest mode, on my favourite seat, when they came round;  we really put the world to rights  on that seat!    I enjoyed seeing them again;  and they don't seem to have changed very much.   Whereas I have.

Back home at Ivy I downloaded the photos I'd taken at Kellie, peeled the tautties and made everything ready for dinner.    The lunch at Kellie was tasty and filling so we decided to 'eat' about 17.00.   That gave me time to do what I always do in the afternoon.... fall asleep.

23.00    It's a weary but happy 'boy' that's off to bed tonight:  I might have a 'sleep in' tomorrow

Boris on his Throne.

morning.   I've enjoyed the excitement(s) of today;  including discovering that Hazel has inherited the 'Flap On' gene.   I was worried in case it had stopped with 'me'.

Tomorrow is going to be a 'take it easy' day.... but I will go out on the bike at some point. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Cold and overcast ....

Quiet morning ....