Nice morning .....

6th June 2024 (Thursday)    07.30 .... 80th Anniversary of D-Day.  

07.30 .....The wind isn't as boisterous as it was yesterday, though it will  freshen later;  right now it's a


quiet morning.   'Light showers' are mentioned in our weather forecast;  hopefully they will miss us.   I've had breakfast and now thinking of going for a turn round the villages on the bike..... after an 'early morning coffee'.  

19.00   I enjoyed my run out on the bike... in fact I went further than I intended.   I went along to Elie via South Street and The Terrace, then down to the 'arbour, stopping at my usual viewpoints.   I then intended going home by way of Elie Estate but changed my mind and ended up going along the main road (A917) to the Balbuthie junction and home by way of Kinneuchar.  There was a brisk breeze but nothing like it was yesterday, so it wasn't cold.  I enjoy being on the bike with the camera;  more photographs to 'play' with in the evening.

Back at Ivy I switched on the tele to watch (intermittently) the D-Day Commemorations from France.....  and make up the beds.   Both 'JB' and I have beds now.... al I need to do is fill up the strategically dotted around Ivy Cottage, 'Emergency Ration' tins with chocolate biscuits!   I might do a shopping tomorrow.

22.30   I've decided to concentrate on 'ooverin' and dustin' tomorrow; and get Ivy looking les like a man cave.    @JB' arrives in Kirkcaldy  (on Saturday) at 15.10 or thereabout.   Thee will be  ... 'nae 'Flap On' tomorrow;   just potter around and get stuff done.    Actually, this has been a really good day; I've been able to do stuff without wanting to sleep all the time..... and , I've been feeling much more like 'me'.   I'm a happy boy.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....