Cloudy and warm .....

16th June 2024 (Sunday)     09.00 .... There's a lot of cloud around giving us occasional spells of


light rain .... but it's warm, with only a light breeze.   A nice enough morning;  a pity about the rain showers  .... however Sunny spells' are forecast for later in the afternoon   We're going to Morrison's (St Andrews) to do some shopping and have lunch in the Café.  The Sainsbury's Café (Leven) was popular but replaced by Argos.... hence the change to St Andrews this morning.  Maggie and I used to do most of our shopping in Morrison's because of the Café:  she was looking forward to the Sainsbury's Café (Leven) opening, but sadly died before that happened.


19.39    The 'Master Plan' for the day was to do the shopping in Morrison' (St Andrews):  so we ended up at Sainsbury's (Kirkcaldy).   The reason for the change?    I need a new carrier bag for the bike, as the zip broke on present one, so the bag is near enough useless.  Halfords (where I bought the bag I have on the bike just now) still have the same model of bag, only smaller, and more expensive so I didn't bother.  They obviously put invertors before customers!   'JB' went online and ordered .a bigger and cheaper one online.

We went to Sainsbury's and did a 'heavy' shopping so that I don't have to carry it when  Ferry Road is 'Closed' for essential repairs for the next two weeks.  I will be able to do my local shopping with the bike.... and the new bag.
The sun is breaking through now, after a mostly wet day;  with some really heavy showers in the afternoon.  The roads were very wet, but most drivers were being sensible in the prevailing conditions.  There was one idiot travelling ... well like an idiot;  but there's always one.   We expect that nowadays.

'JB' is going back home tomorrow;  and I'm going to miss him.   We  (I helped as much as I could) did a lot of work... the most obvious being painting the front of Ivy.   I am really happy about that being done as it was beginning to depress me.   John (JB) has been doing the driving and I have been taking
Chalmers lighthouse - Anstruther.

photographs from the car.   Most of the photographs I've been uploading over the past few days  have been taken by 'JB' using my camera.
We have an early start tomorrow morning.   John's train (London) departs Kirkcaldy at 09.47:  we'll leave in plenty of time because of the ongoing roadworks in Upper Largo.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....