Bright and breezy.....

3rd June 2024 (Monday)    08.00 .... Ferry Road looks like it has been abandoned this morning; 


absolutely empty, apart from my car, and nothing nothing happening;  not a single jogger, dog walker.... or 'Road Works' signs.  I'm wondering if politicians are canvassing Elie and Earlsferry today?   

I didn't go out on the bike early, but if both villages are as quiet as Ferry Road, I won't have a problem with traffic.  It's a beautiful morrrrrrrrning....'bright and sunny' with a Westerly breeze.   A perfect drying day.

15.00     It is a perfect drying/play day, and I have taken advantage of that and have a downie cover on the line.... and went up to Colinsburgh on the bike.   More or less the same journey as yesterday but in the opposite direction.   I'm still trying to shake off the after effects of that bug I had in March;  hoping that exercising in the sunshine will do the trick.  Tomorrow will be a 'rest day';  they are as important as 'exercise' days. 

'South Lodge' - Balcarres Estate.

 Right now I'm going to have a cuppa before siesta time.... then bike up to Chapel Green  to see what's 'appening up at that end of the 'toon'.

19.30 .... The biking is catching up with me;   the siesta lasted over an hour!   I made a cuppa to get me alert enough to do something.   I'd just finished the cuppa when Bob came round for a chat.   Bob did his National Service in Cyprus (Royal Artillery), based in Larnaca.   We  reminisced about our NS, then sorted out the  world, sitting in the sun out on the patio!   I must bring the patio chairs out.... they are old but might do short term.   In the meantime I am using a couple of folding chairs that Maggie bought, for when we went on picnics.



22.15   My face feels like it's had a touch of the sun;  I really will have to use the sun cream if this sunny weather stays with us.   The forecast is for it to be cooler with showers  and sunny spells over the next few days.  Being in need of a 'rest' day I'm only going as far as Chapel Green tomorrow on the bike tomorrow.   An easy day organising the bed for 'JB' seems a reasonable 'plan' :  one with numerous tea breaks.

 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....