Peaceful morning .....

12th June 2024 (Wednesday)    06.30 ....  Although there's a layer of light cloud, rain isn't


mentioned in the forecast, and there's only a light breeze (feels SE just now);  so it's a good day for painting.   I've been 'up' since 05.00 getting the paint, brushes, sheets etc organised and now having a cuppa before moving out to the street.   I'm feeling in the mood... and looking forward to actually using a paint brush again!.... though my main job (at first) will be stood staunin' at the bottom of the ladder.   It will be interesting to find out how I get on;  and how tired I feel at the end of the day.  

23.00   I can tell you that I am really tired .... but awfie happy at the job 'JB' and I did today.   JB did most of the high work.... but I managed one bit of  ladder work.  Ivy was badly needing painted and, if the guarantee is right shouldn't need repainting for another 15 years.   By that time I'll be 101 and won't be doing any ladder work!   There are two good reasons for me sleeping well tonight; (1)... I'm happy because it's a job well done... and (2) .... I'm kn...er very tired!

After all the work we louped into the car.... actually 'JB' louped... I sort of flopped into it.   We went to the Co-op in Ainster to buy some celebratory goodies and have a run to Crail and back via the 'back' road to Higham Toll Largoward and Colinsburgh.  I can't get over how busy the East Neuk villages

are;  and the fact that there are no public parking spaces at Crail harbour now.   We spotted a Notice Board that informed us of this, so we never went down.   We might be able to park near the top of the Hen's Ladder and go down that way.

The plan for tomorrow?    Not to get up at 05.00!   Tomorrow is going to be a rest day!   I am going round to the 19th to have lunch with the girls and George;  'JB' is going round the East Links (Lighthouse area) with the camera.









Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....