Another bonnie morning .....

2nd June 2024 (Sunday)    08.00 .... We have a beautiful  morning;  there's a light breeze with

Alice's Clematis.

some fluffy clouds, but it's mostly warm and sunny.... a 'play day'.   I'm going to Leven to do some shopping .... need to top up the 'Emergency Rations' for 'JB.... and annoy Alice.   I thought my legs would feel stiff after yesterday's run on the bike but they're fine:  I'll go biking later in the afternoon, to discharge the battery and  charge it;  then have another longer run tomorrow.  

19.15   This has been a busy but enjoyable day.   Alice and I went to Leven to do the shopping.  Our visit to the shops coincided with the departure of the first train from Leven Station.   The nearest we got was seeing the helicopter filming this important event,  and hearing the train depart;  we were in the Supermarket car park. I bought a parasol for the 'romantic corner table at B & M's plus a few food items, before moving across to Sainsbury's to finish our shopping.  My morning had started with a migraine, so I was .... well... 'sluggish' is the best way to describe how I was feeling, and was glad to get back to Alice's and have a cuppa.  Alice then went to make lunch, and I went into 'rest' mode.


We had a lovely lunch (Alice spoils me) including my favourite sweet.... 'Eton Mess'.   Alice makes an Eton mess to rival Bill's Restaurant in Lewes (Sunny Sussex).   This was followed by after lunch coffee before I setoff for home.

I don't think I have ever Leven Prom as busy as it was today;  it was mobbed with people wandering along... enjoying the afternoon sunshine.   There wasn't very much else for them to enjoy.... apart from a small 'showground' for the younger folk.   I'm assuming that a lot of the folk would have arrived from Edinburgh etc on the incoming trains: I'm thinkin' that Leven will have to improve facilities for visitors.   Anyway it was great seeing the Prom so busy. 

Back at Ivy I put the messages away, made a cuppa, took a couple of pills, switched on the tele... and promptly fell fast asleep for just over an hour.


Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Nice morning ....

Cold and overcast ....