Nice morning ....

29th September 2026 (Tuesday)     09.00 ....  It's a nice morning, but there's a change of wind
direction with a cool breeze from the SE.    A nice morning for doing the Coastal Path.    I'm going Methil and Leven;  via Elie, to pick up a prescription.    A new inhaler to replace the 'Blue' one.

19.30     This has been a busy day.    I went to Methil, via Elie (Chemist), then  Colinsburgh to fuel up the car, and on  to Methil to annoy Alice, before going to Sainsbury's.   We had a successful shopping mission!    I hope the voters in the USA come to their sensed at the mid term elections;  the World can't take much more of this President of the United States!    That moan was brought on by the price of fuel;  it cost me £42 this morning, and I only use the car now and again.    No runs to Crail or anything like that now!  The World is holding it's breath and hoping for the right result in the USA Mid Term elections in November! Not that is will make much difference now;  it's going to take a while for the World to recover from the mess made by the present Administration in the USA!    Moan over.... and I'm a happy boy!

The car has been tidied up and is ready for the MOT;  hopefully it will pass but I'm stocked up with food, and can do without the car until Friday.

 Andy Burnham's speech to the Labour Party Conference  was popular with the Party faithful in Liverpool.   He is a good orator and the delegates 'loved' him.   He covered a lot of ground, and gave them what they wanted to hear.   He is even going to  tackle 'Welfare' by changing the the Pension Triple Lock to stop pensions (and presumably Welfare) rising as fast as it  can do under the Triple Lock System.    That said;  having paid into the pension pot for 50 years, I don't regard the State Pension as a 'benefit!  It's something we pensioners worked  hard for;   and paid for!.... our State Pension!   However I'm happy for the change, if is going to help with the 'care' problems.     Because that is  needing sorted.    

22.30     I'd better get off to bed:  I have to take the car to Mercury Motors round about 09.00.   Myra
is going to bring me home from Mercury.    The car mission will be my 'work' for tomorrow!

The weather is going to be of the wet kind in the morning, so I don't think I'll be having a short walk!


Popular posts from this blog

Quiet morning ....

Dreich ....

Overcast ....