Nice morning ....

 13th September 2026 (Sunday)     09.00 .... We have a lovely morning here in KY9;  and today's
weather forecast is good.....  'light cloud with a light breeze from the SW'.    We're going to do our shopping in Kirkcaldy, because we need to go to Curry's.

18.00    We've had a busy day!   Well, Michael has;  I was the trolley pusher.   By the time we were finished shopping it was one heavy trolley.    But let's start at the beginning!    The roads were busy;  and this was Sunday!  When I think of it; Supermarkets changed our weekend habits!  Instead of going for a walk  in the country, we loup into the car and have a walk, up and down the colourful, and seductive advertising,  aisles of a Shopping Mall.

Michael was organised;  he had a shopping list!    When I go shopping I know 'iggzactly' the places I want to be, to  what I want;  with the occasional stop in between to buy something I don'r really need, but suddenly 'want'.    I blundered along while Michael checked his list and did the shopping.   He'd been to Curry's to get a DVD player, and some kind of sound thing for the new TV set up.

We eventually got everything on Michael's list, plus a couple of surprises that fell into the shopping trolley, then went to the checkout.   When Maggie and I did our shopping in Sainsbury's (Kirkcaldy) we always had lunch in the Cafe.   Sadly all the cafe's were done away with when Sainsbury's took over Argos.  So, shopping finished, we found a checkout and emptied the trolley.   The lassie on the till came from Lee on Solent!    The bill came to... er .... more than three months worth of my shopping trips!  That was a big shopping!    We did equal shares:  I used my Nectar Card;   Michael used his Bank card.   We then bumbled our way back to the car.   The journey home was the same as the one to Kirkcaldy except we were travelling Wast instead of West.   Yes .... the roads were busy!

Michael has just arrived back from the 19th, and is going to put on dinner.   I didn't realise that the time
had passed so quickly.    

21.45    We've had food;  and watched some TV, including a programme called the 1% Club.   Some tricky questions... and the clue is in reading the question correctly to start with. 

We've had a busy day; so tomorrow will be quieter;  a sort of 'rest day'.

Popular posts from this blog

Quiet morning ....

Dreich ....

Bright and breezy ....