Nice morning ....


Main Street, Kinneuchar.
14th September 2026 (Monday)     10.15 .... We have a sunny and warm morning here in KY9. 

 And we had a wee bit of excitement;  a Speckled Wood butterfly in the kitchen.   It might have waited until I'd cleaned the windows!   Anyway it has been photographed, and released.   I saw it fluttering around the Hutte yesterday, but it never settled.

12.30    Michael and I have been up to Kinneuchar to take a few photographs from, and in, the kirkyard.    Including the headstone, erected by Jimmy Braid,  golfer, and 5 times winner of The Open, in Memory of his Father and Mother. 

20.30      We have had a busy day!   Well, Michael has been busy;  he organised dinner, a casserole, in the Slow Cooker, before we went up to Kinneuchar on our mission for the morning:  and it tantalised us with hunger provoking aromas as soon as we got back to Ivy.   We had been looking forward to dinner; and really ready for for food when we eventually sat down to dinner ,including Michael's own make of dough-balls, and it was absolutely delicious.   'Puku'  (Maori for stomach) has no wrinkles tonight!    I was too excited to take a photograph of my plateful of lip smacking casserole!   

Speckled Wood.
In the afternoon I worked on my computer while Michael a spot of 'work from home'.   I took time out to work on a Soduko out in The Hutte, but kept falling asleep;  actually it has bee quite sultry today, so falling asleep was easy!

The two handrails that Michael ordered from Amazon arrived today;  so they will be fixed to the walls above the bath so that I have something to hold on to when going for a shower;  probably tomorrow.   Depends on what tomorrow's 'plan' is.   I'd like to go to Kinneuchar kirk again, but a wee bit earlier than we were today.


23.30    I'm happy with the progress I've made with 'computer stuff' today;  and I should get more  done tomorrow.    Light showers with sunny intervals is the weather forecast for us tomorrow.    That's good;  I should get the photographs I want at Kinneuchar kirk.
 


Popular posts from this blog

Quiet morning ....

Dreich ....

Bright and breezy ....