Nice morning ....

9th September 2026 (Wednesday)     09.15 ..... Maggie and I were married on this date 65 years
ago;  today is our Blue Sapphire Wedding Anniversary.    "Happy Anniwersary Maggie".....    I'll have another cuppa to celebrate after this update!

We have a lovely morning, a mix of sunny intervals and fluffy clouds;  with a cool Northerly breeze at the moment.    The breeze is going to back to the SW later.

18.30     The main Car Park at Brewesterwells Crematorium was 'Full' when I arrived, so I was directed to the Staff Car park behind the building.    A huge turnout for a popular and much loved lady was what I, and everyone expected.     I hadn't expected to one of the last to actually arrive at the Crematorium:  I was well organised by 11.45, so decided to have a cuppa before leaving Ivy at 12.30.   All I had to do was put my tie on and I was ready to 'go'!    That cuppa was my undoing.   I fell drifted of to sleep, and woke up just before 12.30.    'Major Flap on'.   A quick splash of cold water woke me up;   got the tie 'on'.... and was in Kinneuchar, on my way to Brewesterwells by 12.40!

It was a lovely Celebration of Life Service, with different generations of the Family telling us about Joyce's  Life.   And an active life it was;  working, golfing and even taking time out' to do 4 Munro's!... and an Invitation to a Royal Garden Party, with Davie her husband;  for her work with the Girl Guides.    'Love' was the overwhelming feeling at Joyce's Celebration of Life Service:   she was  loved  by everyone, and will be really missed by family and friends.

I didn't go to the after Service  gathering at the Golf Club;   I went home and sat in The Hutte with a cuppa.  I didn't fall asleep!    Strangely enough, although there was sadness today;  the fact that Joyce led such an interesting and active life made this literally the Celebration of a Life well lived'.   We'll still miss her!

Michael is coming up from 'Sunny Sussex' on  Saturday;   this means I will run roond wi' the 'oover
sometime between now and Saturday!    He arrives in Leven Station between 15.00 and 16.00.   Och... loads o' time!     I think I might thought that today!

Today's photographs from the Alberto Archive.



Popular posts from this blog

Quiet morning ....

Dreich ....

Overcast ....