Bright and breezy ....

8th September 2026 (Tuesday)     09.15 .... We have a nice morning here in KY9;   but strong
winds with heavy rain showers are forecast to come our way by midday.    I'm organised for my trip to Methil, to annoy Alice,  and have my hearing aids services.    I need another cuppa before I set off.

19.45    In can hardly believe the difference new tubes make to the hearing aids;  they are ' good as new again'.    They have been 'rough' for the past couple of weeks.    Anyway that's them until January.   

After all the action at Methil Library, Alice and then had a wee bit of retail therapy at B & M's;  I found (and bought) a tin of 'Spam', something I haven't had since Maggie died.   It will be an interesting 'new' taste.   That reminds me;  tomorrow would have been, in fact is,  our 65th Wedding Anniversary.   How time flies.   Back to B & M's;   Alice was looking for a frame, for a diamond art picture she has done, but they didn't have the right size.   Not only did I buy the 'Spam' I bought a sketch pad and a few other, vitally needed,  'bits and pieces'.   B & M's is a good shop for all sort of things.

The weather has been fine most of the day;  but it has been breezy.   The wind has moderated in the past hour or two, and we have clouds moving over;  we might catch a shower.   Tomorrow is forecast to be a  quieter day, a lighter westerly breeze, and sunny spells.

I have Joyce's funeral, celebration of life service, at Brewesterwells Crematorium tomorrow at 13.00.  Joyce wants bright and cheerful togs;  so I'll wear normal clothes, with the  Wallace and Gromit tie.... and brown shoes.    I'm staying away from black altogether.   Actually I think I might be coming down with a cold;   and if I'm coughing and spluttering tomorrow, at 13.00, I'll just stay at home and sit in The Hutte.   I don't like spreading colds around.    However, I'll have a 'JT' tonight and see how I am in the morning.

22.30    The wind has died down, and all is quiet in Ferry Road..    It's bedtime;  I had a Lemsip a wee
while ago, and hope to feel 'brighter eyed and bushier tailed' in the morning.   

Today's photos are of Crathes Castle.    

Popular posts from this blog

Quiet morning ....

Dreich ....

Overcast ....