Light rain ....

6th September 2026 (Sunday)     09.45 ....The 'light rain' stopped, and we have a more
promising looking sky.   There's a light SSW breeze;  and, ..... the South facing Fife Weather cams, show a clearing sky moving our way.   We should have 'sunny spells' in the afternoon!   

I'm going to have a daunder down to the Toon Hall after morning coffee;  and after midday, because that's when the Hall is open as part of the 'Doors Open Weekend'.

17.00     I had a most enjoyable time at the Ferry Toon Hall Doors Open Day.   The first thing I have to say is that the Hall is looking the best it has ever been since it was built (1872).     The hall floor is absolutely amazing;  it looks like a new floor.   The whole building is in safe hands;   Maggie would be happy.

I went down about 12.45, and met Elaine and ... oops... I've forgotten the other lassie's name.  That's' bad.  I normally have a wee notebook, and pencil, but didn't have today!    Apologies for doing that!    

After meeting the girls, the first thing I noticed was the hall floor, which I mentioned above.    Anyway, we started chatting and ended up talking about  Jimmy Braid (Golfer) and other local history.    One of the most interesting afternoons I've had in a while.

It would be good if they could find out where Fife Council has stored the big table that was in the Meeting Room.   It was a beautiful table, and (if I remember correctly) it was extended mechanically;  (with a 'wind up' handle).    It would be brilliant id it could be brought 'home'.   I imagine it must have been donated to the hall at some point in time. 

20.30     I am really tired tonight ;  probably still recovering from all the walking on Friday:  Alice has been suffering too!     Another 'rest day' tomorrow;  then along to Methil Library on Tuesday to have my hearing aids 'serviced'.   Methil Library is just along the road from Alice HQ;  but we won't be walking to it!

I meant to take a lot more photographs when at the hall;  but got engrossed  talking about the Ferry Hall, and other local things.

Today's photographs taken at the  Hall.   Top - look at that floor!    Middle - The girls (Elaine and ?), and bottom - look at that floor!



Finally .....This is the kind of table that was in the Meeting Room.


Popular posts from this blog

Quiet morning ....

Dreich ....

Overcast ....