Nice morning ....

4th September 2026 (Friday)     06.45 .... After the light rain last night we have a bright and
breezy morning.    However it will be bright, and even breezier in the afternoon, with freshening winds forecast.  A nice drying day!    

I'm ready for the trip to Kirkcaldy;  my appointment is at 10.40, not 09.40, that I previously thought.    So flap 'off' and the kettle 'on'.

20.30    As I expected this has been a busy day, but the Inner Ear MRI scan has been done.   A noisy experience, but with earplugs and headphones the noise was bearable.    I can't imagine what it must be like without the plugs and earphones.    

I arrived at Alice's with time to have a cuppa before  taking the car down to Leven Bus Station, where we louped on to a No 73 bus that goes to Kirkcaldy Bus Station via The Victoria Hospital.   A lot of different bus routes do this.   It saves the stress of finding a parking place at the Hospital.

Girdleness Lighthouse, Aberdeen
The first surprise of the day happened at Leven Bus Station:  I spotted and talked to 'Chippy' (Chapman) Mathers.   We were in the same Class at The Waid ... back in 1951, 52 and 53.    'Chippy'  is still recovering from a  fall he had a few months ago.   We chatted for a few minutes before going our separate ways;  Chippy on the X61 St Andrews bus, and Alice and I on the 73. for Kirkcaldy. 

It was raining heavily when we got to 'The Vic', but reached the Entrance door dry;   and glad to be inside and sitting down.    The smell of the coffee machine was beginning to agitate my taste buds so we made out way to the lifts and up to the  MRI Waiting Area, where Alice got me booked in.   Alice was i/c paper work and stuff;  like reminding me to take out my hearing aids etc.

We were early so had to wait about 25 minutes or so, before I went through to be done and dusted.   The actual MRI session took about 20 minutes, including answering some questions ... without my hearing aids.   Luckily the lip reading cut in and I had no problem answering any of them.     I then was taken through to the actual MRI area, took my glasses of then on to the table;  lug plugs in, headphones on and into the scanner.  

The came the bit I had been looking forward too;  an early lunch toastie in the Cafe!    And this waswhere the second surprise of the day happened:  Ken (as in Irene's Ken) came past the Cafe on his way  out;  he was being picked up by Alan (Provan), so we only had time for a short blether before he went out to find Alan.  

Alice and I finished our light lunch (they make a braw toastie in that Cafe), before we went out to to wait for a bus back to Leven.   We didn't have to wait long, two 'Leven' busses appeared at the same time;  we got on the 73, as it stopped right where we were 'stood staunin'.   We were back in Leven in 35 minutes;  did a wee shopping for the weekend in Sainsbury's, then up to Alice HQ for relaxing cup of coffee, before I made my way back home.

21.30    Well this has been a 'different' kind of day for me;  a sort of adventure I suppose.    Anyway I'm happy that this Inner Ear MRI has eventually been done.   I don't imagine anything further will come of this;  but it has awakened the happy memories of Ash Ranges in the lovely, hot summer of 1958!

Tomorrow is going to be a 'rest day'.    I might have a walk up to the seat at the 17th green to watch the golf ; if it's a nice, sunny day.   But, apart from that, the 'plan' is to have a relaxing day just 'pottering around  Ivy.


Popular posts from this blog

Quiet morning ....

Dreich ....

Overcast ....