Windy and cold.....

12th October 2024 (Saturday)    08.30 .... there's a lot of cloud around with short spells of

sunshine.   At the moment it's dry, but light rain is forecast, and it's cold in the fresh SW wind.   Not a morning for being exposed to the wind.    I'm going to Leven to buy light bulbs, and a few bits and pieces that I forgot yesterday..... then up to Methil to annoy Alice.    There's work going on at the Scoonie roundabout area all next week so going to Leven will be tricky.   'Slight Flap On' .... I'm showered, and vertical (wi' claes on)  .... now I need breakfast.

19.45   The 'light rain' turned into heavy rain  on my way to Leven, but, by the time I left Alice's  the sun was breaking through and we ended up with  sunny with heavy showers.   That made for some really interesting clouds so I went to the beach later in the afternoon.   It has been cold all day which, and it's going to be cold tonight;  down to nearly freezing in some parts of the UK.

I feel that things are back to normal after visiting Alice today.   I caught up with all the local news.  Alice made us a braw lunch followed by early afternoon coffee;  and mair chatting before driving home.    As ever nowadays the roads were busy.   It's good to be driving again, but I don't think I'll ever get used to the number of vehicles on the roads.   I shouldn't complain because I'm one of them!   

22.00     Who was the silly boy that was a day late in puttin out his bucket this week?   Yep ... it was Alberto!  I'd been thinking that yesterday was Thursday all day.   Anyway it doesn't matter because the bucket was only a third full.   It's the Green bucket on Monday so that will go out on Sunday night.

Tomorrow is going to be another cold day but sunnier with fewer showers.   It's going to be a relaxing day for me;  staying warm and pottering around Ivy.                                                                                                            

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Overcast with light rain .....

Cold and overcast ....