Wet .....

16th October 2024 (Wednesday)    09.00 .... The slow cooker is up tae the eyeballs wi' Scotch

Broth and  'on';  and will be ready about 16.30.   I am up tae the eyeballs with a head cauld so won't be going far from the gate today.  It's a grand day for nursing the cold, and reading Graham's book "Earlsferry and Elie" a Scottish Golf Heritage, by Graham Johnston.   From what I've read so far I am amazed at the contribution made by the villages to the spread and development of golf around the UK, and the world:  especially the smaller village of Earlsferry.   That's my activities for the day mapped out!   I've had the pills now it's time for breakfast and another cuppa.

20.00   I've had a good day in the kitchen, having produced 9 ready meals (Scotch Broth) for the freezer.   It's the preparatory work and the cleaning up that takes time.   Anyway its all done now, except putting the containers into the freezer before bedtime.   Between doing all that, and reading Graham's book I've had an enjoyable day.   Having the cold is a bummer, but I shall nurse it again tomorrow and hopefully be, more or less, clear of it on Friday.   Myra phone to remind me that it was the Colinsburgh Friendship Lunch today, but I decided not to go.   I'd only be spreading the cold around!


For anyone interested in the history of golf in Earlsferry and Elie Graham's book has it all.  A lot of research has had to been done to get all the detail that's in it.   I only started reading it today but the contribution, made to world wide golf, by golfers from the Ferry is astounding.  They were playing the game, and designing courses all over the world;  and, as manufacturers of 'modern style' golf clubs in The Ferry, they brought new thinking into the making of clubs.   Graham covers it all in his book; the fight that the Ferry had to get even the wee bit of golfing tract that it did;  and the development of the local course, from those days to what it is today.   All very interesting stuff.

The weather has been absolutely 'orrible today.   I only went as far as the gate to take a couple of photos of a wet looking Ferry Wynd.   The rain is supposed to be with us overnight, then clear away to give us a bonnie day. (It won't take much to be a bonnier day than it was today!)   However it's going to be dry, and 'sunny at times' tomorrow.  I might go for the short walk to Nana's Seat;  but that depends on how the cold feels.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Overcast with light rain .....

Nice morning ....