Sunny .....

14th October 2024 (Monday)    08.15 ...."Sunny with a light breeze" is our weather for today!

That said, there's a thin film of ice on the car windscreen;  however, once the sun is higher the air will be warm and clear the windscreen.   It's going to be a lovely autumn day.... and should be warm, especially when sheltered from the light SW breeze. 

20.30     My word, this has been one beautiful, sunny and warm, day;  a string o' them would give us an Indian Summer!     I went down to Nana's Seat in the afternoon and sat and enjoyed the warm sun.   The beach was busy, with holiday makers (I think this must be half term), walking dogs, jogging.... or just walking the beach.   It was a big beach as the tide was well out.   I nearly fell asleep.   I wondered why the bay was quiet, then realised that boats had been 'craned out' at the weekend.  I only saw three boats on the Firth all the time I was down there.  About an hour.

In the morning I went to Methil to visit Alice and go shopping to finish topping up my food cupboards.    Alice had to go to the chemist to pick up a prescription, so we did that before going to Sainsbury's, where I got all the bits and pieces I required to top up the cupboards.   A successful couple of missions.

By the time we got back to HQ it was nearly lunch time.   Lunch was easily sorted;  Alice had been making Scotch Broth so we had a bowl, of that;  followed by rice pudding.   Nae wrinkles on 'puku' (Maori for stomach) after that!   I'm going to make Scotch Broth on Wednesday (bad weather forecast for that day), the ingredients for which I bought today.

We relaxed with a cup o' coffee after lunch before I set off for home.   As ever the roads were busy, with the roadworks at Scoonie roundabout being a nuisance.    It's only for one week.

Tomorrow morning I have blood test at Elie surgery.... and must remember to pick up a prescription from the Chemist.    Tomorrow afternoon will be spent 'pottering around Ivy.   It's going to be another nice day but the forecast is "sunny intervals with a moderate breeze from the Southeast".   Sunny intervals suggests there will be  more clouds around. 

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Overcast with light rain .....

Cold and overcast ....