Grey and damp .....

8th October 2024 (Tuesday)     09.00 .... It's disappointing to waken up to an overcast and damp

morning, especially after the lovely 'Indian Summer' afternoon we had yesterday.;  but not surprising because it was forecast!    We can expect heavy rain, with a moderate NE breeze today, followed by drizzle and a gale o' wind tomorrow!     Scotland's weather is, if nothing else, varied!   It's a good day for drawing and working on the computer;  and look for something interesting to watch on the tele.   I'm feeling positive; we might have a few brighter spells.

12.15     The lassie from Glenrothes has been, and was really helpful.   She is a lovely lady and I enjoyed chatting to her, but  I was mistaken in thinking that the double yellow lines were being removed from Ferry Road.   That means that things stay as they are (i.e. the lines 'active during June, July and August) and I will still be able to park outside Ivy Cottage in the three busy summer months... so I don't need a parking space.   I can still use the 'Disabled' space at the 'Toon Hall'  if necessary!.... but I struggle carrying a bag of messages that distance.   

20.00    I've had a lazy day;  I never got going at all really.    Oh I did bits and pieces of housework  and chatted to the workmen working on the Ferry Road sub station.   I'm blaming the weather;  it has been a bleak day, a huge disappointment after yesterday afternoon.   The 'brighter spells' I hoped for never arrived;  in fact the weather has deteriorated and it's now windy and wet.    There's to be heavy rain with a fresh wind overnight, and, with the wind being from the NE it will be cold. 

There is one piece of news;  I'm getting my car back tomorrow.   Kathryn is bringing it along (a sort of test run) round about lunch time.   I'll probably go to Leven shopping, but that depends on when I actually get it back.

21.00    I finished reading my bedtime book last night;  would you believe it....'Robinson Crusoe'.  It's been many years since I read that one.  I have yet to pick one to start tonight.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Overcast with light rain .....

Cold and overcast ....