Lovely morrrrrrrrning ....

10th October 2024 (Thursday)    09.15.... We have a lovely sunny morning, but there's a cold

wind.... the garden thermometer is at 2.5C.   This is the morning that my heating boiler is being serviced and the heating has to be 'off'.   I have a coal effect electric fire in the living room and it is 'on' so I have one warm room.    I'm warm enough all over the rest of Ivy because I have a fleece on.   (Note to me;  remember to take the fleece off when going into the living room).   According to the forecast it's going to be breezy today;  'hurricane force winds (274 mph).   There's a glitch with the app.  We're actually going  to have a moderate wind from the NW.  


11.30    I watched 'Threads'  last night, but it didn't have the same effect on me as the first time I saw it (1984) at the end of the Cold War.   Having said that, the nuclear bombs used  in those days tended to be bigger with destruction over a wider area.   Todays bombs are 'smaller'  and more accurate, to take out specific targets.   However the devastation around the targets would be the same and the death toll, from the immediate blast and heat etc among the general population horrific as in the film....  and the radioactive fallout just as deadly, for a long time after the attack.  There are only losers in a Nuclear War.... regardless of how the politicians word it!   The perpetrators, who will be in the deepest, and best provided for underground shelters will survive a nuclear attack. but Mother Earth would be changed forever.

The boiler engineers arrived a wee while ago so should be finished before lunch time.   I have no plans for the afternoon though I will have a short walk to get a few photographs to play with in the evening.

20.30    It was cauld until the the heating engineers serviced the boiler and turned the heating back on.   I had the living room fire on but was working on the computer where there's no heating.   Anyway the heating is 'on' and I'm warm now..  
It has been a bonnie day but a cold one.   I did a washing and put the cupboard back together after the engineers went away..... so I've had a reasonably active day.   And I went for a short walk up to the golf course in the late afternoon.   It was slightly warmer by then because the wind had dropped.

This having no transport is slightly frustrating':  correction....  it's very frustrating'!    Tomorrow I'm going to browse mobility scooters, once I get one one I'll be able to go round the villages again with the camera.   At the moment I'm restricted to an area within a 200 metres radius  of Ivy.

22.15   Tomorrow should be a quiet da for me:  The only thing I have to remember is a routine phone appointment with a Dr Mitchell;  the time is on the calendar.   I'll make tomorrow a rest day.  The weather forecast is much as it was today, but slightly warmer.

Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Overcast with light rain .....

Cold and overcast ....