Nice morning ....

9th October 2024 (Wednesday)     09.45 .... The rain has moved away and we have a brighter

morning. There's a lot of clouds scuttling over on a frisky North wind, but, although cold it's dry (at the moment).... but it doesn't look like we'll have sunny spells.  'Strong winds and rain' is the weather forecast.

11.30    Loads of activity on Ferry Road today.  The work on the sub station is being finished off, and, one of the flats being made ready for renovations.

It's cauld out in the Northerly wind so I cancelled the original plan, which was to go down to the beach.    I took a few photos of the activity, then scuttled back into Ivy and put the kettle on.    


21.00   The nuclear war drama 'Threads', first shown on TV in 1984, is being shown tonight on BBC4 (24).   I was in the Royal Observer Corps at the time and thought it very realistic.  It painted a completely different picture from that portrayed by the official 'Protect and Survive' leaflet, that all households got during the Cold War.  'Protect and Survive'  was the official propaganda suggesting that a nuclear war was winnable.   Anyway it's on at 22.20 tonight (for two hours) so I'll try to watch it.   If I fall asleep I'll watch it on 'I Player' tomorrow.  

The Central Heating man is coming to service the boiler tomorrow morning (it has been brought forward from Friday).  I made everything ready for him this afternoon.   There's a removable set of shelves that I empty and take out, to give him plenty of room to work.

The work on the Ferry Road sub station isn't finished:  I'll have a walk up there first thing tomorrow morning.  That's if it isn't too cold!    The weather forecast has temperatures below freezing in some parts of Scotland, but not for us, overnight.  That said we aren't going to be warm.   It supposed to be sunny with a northerly breeze tomorrow with a maximum temperature of 10C.

I didn't get the car back today so they must still be waiting for 'a bit' to arrive.   






Popular posts from this blog

Pittenweem swimming pool....

Overcast with light rain .....

Cold and overcast ....